Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default anybody know if this laptop is good?

Dell Latitude CP Pentium 233MHz

- Processor: Intel Pentium II:233 mhz
    - Intern geheugen: 128mb
    - 6GB harde schijf
    - 24x cdrom module
    - Floppydrive
    - Acculader
    - PCMCIA netwerkkaart
    - 2 accu's

Ports:
    serieel, parellel, USB, VGA en PS/2

windows XP PRO geinstalleerd

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Who knows? How much? It's a very old model.

On ebay they are going for around US$150 max.
    These are models in very good condition.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Although I have do not own a Dell laptop myself I have a number of friends who have them and ALL have had problems with them in one way or another. Also they say that the customer service dept are not very helpful at all.......just my 2 cents worth

I wouldn't buy a Dell.........however I can highly recommend Toshiba laptops - have never had a problem and neither has my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by mislarimar

- 6GB harde schijf
    - 24x cdrom module
    - Floppydrive
    - Acculader
    - PCMCIA netwerkkaart
    - 2 accu's

Ports:

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

thanks for the info guys!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Who knows? How much? It's a very old model.

On ebay they are going for around US$150 max.
    These are models in very good condition.
    i just wanted to know because they are selling very very very cheap because it's a young guy in urgent need of money lol!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been a Dell shop for many years. We've always had any problems attended to quickly and effectively - provided we've paid for the maintenance and work correctly through the Dell procedures. Dell makes good machines. I'm on my third Dell laptop and for the third time, I'm really satisfied with my purchase. My laptop travels everywhere with me and it gets beaten up, thrown around and used hard. It changes from a normal word/excel/email production machine, to an accounting machine, to a graphics machine to a server sometimes all in one day.

But tell me, why do you want to buy such an old machine? And on the software side, XPpro is a plus, but you still don't have an office productivity software. The full Office Suite will cost another few hundred dollars.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Dell no good? Try IBM, WORSE!

I'm typing this on a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop that I bought in November to replace my $2,000usd IBM A21 series laptop that died a horrible death at less than 3 years old with no more than 100 hours of use. It would have cost over $600usd to repair it with no guarantee. So I put another $400 with it and bought this Dell. Other than the usual problems with Windows XP it works just fine. Incidentally you can find used IBM's on ebay for about $300 (if you want to gamble on a used machine). I'll NEVER own another IBM. Big Blue has gone to hell in quality (no wonder they recently sold off this division to the Chineese).
    The Dell you're looking at is old and as Robert says, it's not worth much. Go to the Dell website on-line and buy a new one at a discount. They also have an in-home repair warranty service (cost about $70usd) that is good even here in the DR. It's well worth it.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Too small an engine for XP????

I'm no expert, but with a clock @ 233Mhz and only 128MB of memory, I would think that XP will run extremely poorly, due to page swaps, etc. While it's not likely that the machine will shoot sparks out of the parallel and smoke out the serial ports, you may become very frustrated with the slowness of web page loads. IMO test it with a internet connection first, if you expect to be on the web; test any apps you expect to run, like Excel, Word, etc.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

A PDA I'm interested in buying runs faster than that laptop. Call Dell or do it online for a good price, it'll be the best thing you can do. Great service IMO. I'm typing on a Dell right now

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mislarimar

- 6GB harde schijf
    - 24x cdrom module
    - Floppydrive
    - Acculader
    - PCMCIA netwerkkaart
    - 2 accu's

Ports:

It depends on what you want to use it for considering that Pentium 4 is now out. I would not recommend it if you plan on adding a lot of software. I trust Dell, but love HP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast