Apartment

dominicangirl

Oct 9, 2002
I know there's a real estate section but it seems that all the apartments available for rent are way too high in price. I finally relocated to Santo Domingo. I have a job and now I'm looking for an apt. Does anyone in the Santo Domingo area know of any apts. in the RD$10,000 or less range. I work in Los Prados and would like something that won't require me taking more than 2 public cars. I know word of mouth is the best way to find one. So I'm throwing it out there. Please help.

dominicangirl

Oct 9, 2002
Jan said:
Walk(or drive) around the area you want to live in and call all the for rent numbers you see. If your not Dominican or can't speak spanish well have a Dominican call for you so you don't get the gringo price.

Thanks.
I think I'll be doing that this weekend. Just wanted to throw it out there.

The Dane

May 25, 2005
differnet prices??

Jan said:
Walk(or drive) around the area you want to live in and call all the for rent numbers you see. If your not Dominican or can't speak spanish well have a Dominican call for you so you don't get the gringo price.

HI...
Is there a huge different in the price if u are a white man and if u are a dominican???

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
The Dane said:
HI...
Is there a huge different in the price if u are a white man and if u are a dominican???

Can be, especially when you are a newbie and people don?t know you.
You will get gringo prices then.

Marcus

Mar 13, 2002
Apt

I have been living in Santo Domingo for three plus years. I justed rented my second apartment this past week. I found that the prices change drastically depending on the area.

Most of the ads in the Listin Diario (one of the main newspapers for SD) are for the higher priced apartments.

I would also recommend that you drive around the area and ask others. You can also try the different newspapers to see if anything suits your price range and style. Good luck.