Excursions to Punta Cana beach?

sal_Salina

Feb 20, 2005
Hi I am contemplating staying in Cabarete as it seems to offer pretty much everything that I am looking for in a holiday. However I really want to visit the pearl white beach of Punta Cana and I was wondering if it was possible to take an excursion out to there from Cabarete?

Also my partner really loves mountain biking and I was wondering if anybody had been on a mountain biking excursion in the past and what it was like.

Finally, does anybody have an idea of what the weather will be like at the beginning of June in Cabarete in terms of windiness, temperature and humidity? Is it a good time to visit?

Cheers!

Salina ;)

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
sal_Salina said:
Hi I am contemplating staying in Cabarete as it seems to offer pretty much everything that I am looking for in a holiday. However I really want to visit the pearl white beach of Punta Cana and I was wondering if it was possible to take an excursion out to there from Cabarete?

Also my partner really loves mountain biking and I was wondering if anybody had been on a mountain biking excursion in the past and what it was like.

Finally, does anybody have an idea of what the weather will be like at the beginning of June in Cabarete in terms of windiness, temperature and humidity? Is it a good time to visit?

Cheers!

Salina ;)

If by "excursion", you mean a day trip, you can do it if you fly. A same day round trip from Puerto Plata to Punta Cana is US $150. The flights leave POP at 7 AM and return at 6:30 PM. www.takeoffweb.com If you spend a night or 2 in Punta Cana it is $90 each way. You can get there by bus, but it will take you pretty much a full day each way. Caribe tours from Cabarete to SD and then Bavaro Express bus to Bavaro (near PC.)

The beach in Cabarete is beautiful! Why bother? If you want to see the most beautiful beach in the DR, Las Galeras is much easier/cheaper to get to from Cabarete. Go there by bus/gua gua and hire a boat to Playa Rincon. Playa Grande is even closer, and also a beautiful beach.

No personal experience with mountain biking here, but the best known outfit for that is Iguana Mama, and I believe they are based in Cabarete.

Don't even think about the weather. It will be great!

Last edited: