Beach Access for all!

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
On today's radio show I discovered that it is no longer possible to drive down to the surf beach behind the Coconut Palms resort. The road now has a sucurity lodge built across it. Apparently there is the usual razor wire and threatening goons with guns and so forth.

Now I must say that this is only what I have been told - it is purely hearsay but I am told that the perpetrators of this nasty deed are advertisers on this web site.

If the beach goes the same way as so many others it will be an outrageous pity that we all stood by and watched. This is my favourite beach for an early Sunday morning stroll, quiet, miles of sand, beautiful and now taken away from us.

Any suggestions as to how we go and get it back again?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I think you should post your question in the Legal section so that we can hear what Fabio has to say.

Or, try to go to the beach, then post the experience and the question in the Legal section.

Ybo

Nov 19, 2004
www.hookedsports.com
Unbelievable!! Is the whole beach closed???

Is it possible to take another road from the Coconut palms resort to the beach by foot?

Is it still possible to surf there?

We have to stand up against this. What can we do?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The bottom line is that any property owner can deny people from crossing their property.
If there is no other access to the beach, then there would be nothing you could do.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Nothing will be done.....

S & N,

I can understand where you are coming from. A few years ago we, residents of the east, lost land access to the beaches of Juanillo when the Cap Cana project began. Now, you have use of the beaches as a Cap Cana resident or guest.

The beach from the high water mark and 60 meters inland from that point is part of the public domain. Dominican law says you have the right of public use of the beach. The kicker is, if the land owner denies access to it your only option is to arrive and depart the beach by sea. However, the present culture of the land owners is to deny you the beach rights too. In most or all cases the behavior of the authorities is to do nothing to enforce the law or side with the land owners. Unfortunately, nothing will be done to stop this discrimination.

Regards,
PJT

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
Don't get your knickers in a twist

Whilst it is true that old access to Encuentro beach was closed a couple of weeks ago there is now a new vehicle and pedestrian access, signposted entrance next to the little cafe.

Whoever was responsible for the closure has taken exceptional measures to ensure that the new access was in place the very next day.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
"Don't get your knickers in a twist"
I love that title.
Tell me Simon, were your knickers in a twist?
Are they stilll al twisted up?
Has your voice raised a couple of octaves?
Are you starting to sound like Donald Duck?
Can you sing falsetto now?
Do you know that ole' tune, "Tiptoe, through the tulips"?

I crack myself up...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
What are you on??

Rocky: That was funny!!

Thanks for the giggle!.

As for beach access, I am very hapopy to hear that the owner did the right things, thereby untwisting a lot of knickers...

I know that at Punta Rucia I have purposely left a one-meter wide strip open for public access to the beach..Just common courtesy, I should think..

HB :D:D