quite close

faer

Jan 6, 2005
Hi Posters!!!
Finally we are travelling (wife and I) to DR by march 4th, for a sight and see trip in order to make the final decisionof taking the position at Santo Domingo. The problem is that we will stay just for 3 nights. So in order to maximize the visit, I'm asking for your wise advise as I have a couple of doubts I'd like you to help me with.
Do the prices displayed on "lacentralexpress" do reflect the real cost of home appliances and everything in the DR? Is there somewhere else to get better prices? I'll be buying everything...
Should I be able to set up a house (basically fridge, washer, stove/oven, microwave, beds, sheets/blanquets, kitchenware, etc) with less than us$8000?
Where could I go to check furniture pricing? Nothing fancy, something functional on a modern traditional styling???? a couple of sofas, a dinning room, etc...
This week I'll receive the movers quotes, which will be the triggers in order to decide moving with our stuff(well nothing electric as we have 220v down here) or sell everything and start from scratch over there....

Well that's for the moment, thanks in advance....