Telecable modem

stan.bc

Oct 16, 2004
Hey folks, call me cheap, but I'm reluctant to pay US $100+ for the cable modem from Telecable (especially considering that I was bright enough to leave 3 of my own modems back home in BC), is there any way to get a used one cheaper around here? Like some sort of classifieds?
Apologies (and please don't flame) if that's a stupid question, I'm new here :)

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I went through the same deal about 2 months back trying to find a used cable modem in decent condition in the country. Never found it.. Ended up buying a couple used ones on ebay. If you're interested I have 2 not in use that I could sell to you. Ones a very old 3com CMX which works but isnt the prettiest thing in the world which I could let go for 30 bucks. The other is a brand new Motorola SB5120 (the same one that Telecable/Tricom sells for 100+) that I only bought because the Telecable "tech" that came out told me the "connection problems" I was having were due to my modem not being fully compatible with their system. Ended up being a problem on their end but I was already out $80 bucks plus the shipping and Customs (&@#$^@* Customs) on the new modem.

One thing though, dont expect dependable cable internet service from these morons although it does seem like they're getting they're stuff together (internet service this last week has been much better). I went through two good modems thinking they were the problem when it was them the whole time.

PM or email me if you're interested.

Last edited: