Buggy Season????

JRSYCOLL

Mar 10, 2003
I have been to the North Side on (2) prior occasions...December and May. I found no problems with bugs at those times. I am going in July ( not by choice) but as my friends have school age children, and that's the only time they are out of school....whaddya gonna do?? ANYWAY...my question is this.. I have read other posts complaining about mosquitos. Is there a certain time of year that mosquitos are more prevalent, or am I just one of those lucky people that the mosquitos don't like??? I have never had a problem..but then again..never went in the summer either...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Kinos

It's all about rain. If it's been raining a lot, there will be a lot of mosquitos in areas that don't dry up quickly and if it's very dry, the little blighters can't survive.

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
JRSYCOLL, I am jealous of you!

I have been to the North Coast three times (April, August and December) and all trips have been fairly light in terms of precipitation and I ALWAYS get attacked by the mozzies.

It would make sense that they would be particularly bad now that there's been so much rain (from what I hear its stopped though?!). I don't think there'd be a certain time of year thats really bad since the temperature usually stays about the same. Unlike us poor northerners that get harassed by them during our 2 months of summer!

I think its my blood type or something because they do seem to only "bug" certain people. My friend's usually only get a few bites whereas I get them all over my legs. I have seen a few other tourists that they're really attracted to too.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm testing the theory of vitamin B1. I've been taking it for almost a month now.

I'll let you all know if the bugs bug me.

Wonder if there is a sankie repelent :nervous:

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
Please let me know if it works Anna. The bites there seem even itchier then the ones in the cold north!

As for the sankie repelent the best I've found was telling them that I'm a poor student! lol

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
CanadianCutie22 said:
As for the sankie repelent the best I've found was telling them that I'm a poor student! lol

Ok so I'm hijacking. Since I don't look like a student, I'll use my usual. Pretend I have no idea what they are saying no matter what language they speak. :cross-eye

JRSYCOLL

Mar 10, 2003
keep me in mind

Anna Coniglio said:
I'm testing the theory of vitamin B1. I've been taking it for almost a month now.

I'll let you all know if the bugs bug me.

Wonder if there is a sankie repelent :nervous:
Pleeeez let me know about the Vitamin B1...my friends will appreciate anything...