Resorts for a wedding

cbarrin

Feb 1, 2005
I?m wanting to get married at a resort here in the DR...I?m looking for recommendations or warnings...as much details as possilbe would be appreciated...

cbarrin

Shelley

Oct 16, 2004
Sun Village was nice for us

cbarrin said:
I?m wanting to get married at a resort here in the DR...I?m looking for recommendations or warnings...as much details as possilbe would be appreciated...

cbarrin

I got married at Sun Village Beach Resort out at Confresi Beach and had a fabulous time. They were very professional, helpful and provided everything we needed. You just let the wedding planner know any extras you want and they take care of everything. My biggest decision that week was what kind of flowers I wanted in my bouquet! It's a little out of town and not together with all the other resorts but, quite frankly, I liked that as it added to the privacy of our day. They have a little garden area that they set up with flowers and chairs for guests, as well as music and a refreshment area. They'll arrange to have lots of fabulous pictures (photographer and some photos included) in the reception area as well as down on the beach. The only thing that may be bothersome to some with staying there is that the resort is on a hill so there is lots of walking up and down. On our wedding day, they drove us around in a golf cart, so that was not an issue to us at all.

Good luck & best wishes!!!