Gifts to bring?

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
I've made a couple of friends in the DR and am going to be there next week. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of what small gifts might be great to bring to a family or friend? A Canadian flag pin just doesn't seem to cut it-any ideas?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Some ideas!

jrfkhe said:
I've made a couple of friends in the DR and am going to be there next week. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of what small gifts might be great to bring to a family or friend? A Canadian flag pin just doesn't seem to cut it-any ideas?
Bring something that they can use: sandals, sneakers, shoes, shirts, jeans. PLEASE, DO NOT bring them expensive items, unless you are a rich person, because some WILL expect you to ALWAYS bring them expensive things.

Also, if you are a real good and trusted friend and you think that they need some cash, when you get to the DR, give them a few dollars or take them to the Supermarket and buy them some food.

Last edited:

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
That is good advice, they don't know I want to bring them something, and wasn't sure if giving cash was a good idea-didn't want to insult them. The grocery idea is very good-thanks,

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Most Dominicans love CANDY,especially Chocolate!

"M&Ms" are a good choice,as they don't melt.They also like "Wurther"s Originals" (Butterscotch)

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
if you wanna kill everyone, bring them cell phones. If you don't want to spend that kind of money, then chocolates is the feasible achilles hill. When am there, I kill my young cousins with plenty of chocolates and popular sneakers and for the grown ups Polo shirts, which in turn, I will have a black cloud over my head rainning cold presidentes until I get back on the plane.