Casting for actors in DR?

chadfisher21

Feb 13, 2005
I have previously asked this same question, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any movies that were being shot here in the DR? I was recently driving down Lincoln and noticed a flier regarding casting for a movie in the Zona Colonial, but it was overdue. If anyone knows anything please respond.
Thanks

tgood1

Jan 1, 2005
chadfisher21 said:
I have previously asked this same question, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any movies that were being shot here in the DR? I was recently driving down Lincoln and noticed a flier regarding casting for a movie in the Zona Colonial, but it was overdue. If anyone knows anything please respond.
Thanks

Not sure if it is the same thing or not, but a month or so ago I heard they were going to film parts of the remade "Miami Vice" Movie in Santo Domingo.

GilbertArenas

Mar 15, 2004
tgood1 said:
Not sure if it is the same thing or not, but a month or so ago I heard they were going to film parts of the remade "Miami Vice" Movie in Santo Domingo.

I remember they made the movie "Havana" in the DR in 1990 or so. If you're looking into this for some extra money, don't. LOL.

I think they paid stand ins like 75 pesos a day then. That was about 10 dollars back then. Everyone in elementary school wanted to get in somehow, my friend from the 5th grade was a filthy beggard........he never even went back for his 75 pesos. :)

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Not long ago, Andy Garcia filmed La Ciudad Perdida (Lost City) in Sto. Domingo. There were many Dominican actors and extras in it. I think Chirimoya talked about it at the time, or was it La Fiesta del Chivo she was referrin to? The thing is that that's probably what the announcements were about.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
juancarlos said:
Not long ago, Andy Garcia filmed La Ciudad Perdida (Lost City) in Sto. Domingo. There were many Dominican actors and extras in it. I think Chirimoya talked about it at the time, or was it La Fiesta del Chivo she was referrin to? The thing is that that's probably what the announcements were about.

Nope. Michael Mann is in the DR this weekend. Looks like Miami Vice, the movie, is a definite go for the Dominican Republic. The government film office (Direcci?n Nacional de Cine) confirmed this, as per a report in the Listin Diario.