Rubi 92.5 FM - Rocking your vacation!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If you hadn't noticed, Rubi 92.5 FM is now sponsoring the Travel forum.
You will be hearing a lot more about this over the coming months.

Congratulations to Ricky, he's doing a fine job and the station is turning out to be a great success.

rubilogo.jpg

Last edited:

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
I'm...

JDJones said:
I am getting the message that they are not transmitting on the web at the moment. Anyone else?
listening to the station right this moment. I'm in California.

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
just checked it out and connected right away. The down side is that the audio is streamed at 24kpbs(low quality). Stream the audio at least at 56kbps if it's feasible.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
quejeyoke said:
just checked it out and connected right away. The down side is that the audio is streamed at 24kpbs(low quality). Stream the audio at least at 56kbps if it's feasible.

Sorry, I do not control the stream, I just have them feed it into the ShoutCast server at DR1.

The speed of the stream is also limited to the available bandwidth at Rubi 92 FM. Yes, they have a DSL connection, but we are not the only people they are streaming to.

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
my bad, I meant to refer to the guys running the server/s at Rubi. Maybe they can buy more bandwidth from their ISP, but then again, their business venture might not be even breaking even yet to spend more money on that.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
quejeyoke said:
my bad, I meant to refer to the guys running the server/s at Rubi. Maybe they can buy more bandwidth from their ISP, but then again, their business venture might not be even breaking even yet to spend more money on that.

Actually to be technically correct, we are the ones with the server, Rubi just supplies us with a stream via their DSL connection. The problem is they can only fit so much data from the studio down the pipe from Sosua to our server in Dallas :)

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Can they make us some tee-shirts? Their logo on the front, DR1 on the back, ask em, tell em that it would be a great ad device, tell em about your loyal posters. Also, what about a joint sponsored Rubi/DR1 concert, would be a great promotion for both of you, and a good party op for us! ;)

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Robert said:
If you hadn't noticed, Rubi 92.5 FM is now sponsoring the Travel forum.
You will be hearing a lot more about this over the coming months.

Congratulations to Ricky, he's doing a fine job and the station is turning out to be a great success.

rubilogo.jpg
Does this radio station get beamed over the mountains to the north coast or what? I can't see to hear it in Cabrera. Nice static, tho, but I miss the beat!

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
I'll take a large

Great idea, I'll wear one.
The only problem is someone has to actually pay for the T shirts.
Perhaps our illustrius webmaster can get Presidente or another cash flush organization to fund them. Put DR1 logo on the front and Presidente/Rubi 92.5FM on the back.

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
you can get away with music at 24kbps but it just doesn't sound as good as let's say 56kbps or above. They may be able to buy more bandwidth from their ISP so they can send more data down the pipe. But if they just want to have a presence, then 24kbps will do the trick.

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
What's not for sale in this country?
I happen to like the station, they just need a business plan that generates revenue through advertisers. Where is the link, I need another hobby and have 5000 MP3's on this machine.

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
"FOR SALE"

I just find it odd that the station is put up for sale a week after they become a "Sponsor" of the DR1 travel section. This was just not planned properly. Then again why did the last post get removed and labled as SPAM in under 15 minutes?