ATV's & Quad bikes. Tell me what you know...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm looking for info ATV & Quad bike rentals in the DR.

Tell me your good and bad experiences.
Who you used, who ripped you off and who you would recommend.

ATV & Quad bike operators in the DR, feel free to spam this thread with your details.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I have some interest in hearing this as well Robert. I only have second hand stories from this area in Puerto Plata. ALl the stories are tourist related and not many are good. I'd like to hear some facts....

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Judging by what I've seen, I would be quite suspicious.. I see tours going by with two 8 year olds and their "tourguide", guide sleeping in the back, 8 year olds tearing up the terrain. I'd love to hire one somewhere, someplace and just go exploring. But again, if I was a tour company, I would not allow this. So, I guess, I have mixed feelings, but sure would like one of these...

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
I rented a quad from Juan Y Lolo in Las Galeras, I already knew them from previous Casa & moto rentals. No problems at all. In my experience, they treat their customers well & once they know you, even better.

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
Similar on-water action

Any information on Wave Runners? Jet skii rentals? Anywhere?
TEHAMA

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
stan chapman said:
I rented a quad from Juan Y Lolo in Las Galeras, I already knew them from previous Casa & moto rentals. No problems at all. In my experience, they treat their customers well & once they know you, even better.

Thanks, can you give me an idea of prices?

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
Robert said:
Thanks, can you give me an idea of prices?
Last time was 2003, around semana santa. La Bruja has our trip journals filed somewhere with daily expenditures etc. I'll check with her later but from memory, the Quad was around $22 CDN per day & the Moto was $18CDN. I was told these were preferred rates, although Wolfgang at Caribe Fun rentals had a similar rate for motos. He didn't have quads & he & Yanett knew us from the village. In my experience, both Juan & Wolfgang are very up front people, I'm sure if you phoned or e mailed them they would give you the current rate.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
stan chapman said:
Last time was 2003, around semana santa. La Bruja has our trip journals filed somewhere with daily expenditures etc. I'll check with her later but from memory, the Quad was around $22 CDN per day & the Moto was $18CDN. I was told these were preferred rates, although Wolfgang at Caribe Fun rentals had a similar rate for motos. He didn't have quads & he & Yanett knew us from the village. In my experience, both Juan & Wolfgang are very up front people, I'm sure if you phoned or e mailed them they would give you the current rate.

Caribe Fun now have a quad for rental. I can find out the daily rate if you like.

dananaomi

Mar 3, 2005
ATV rental

stan chapman said:

Hey Stan,
I will be staying in LAs Galeras in March. How much was it to rent your ATV? DO u think that it is pretty much the same price all around or do some renters charge MUCH more? ALso, do you know anything about Club Bonito in Las Galeras?

Dana

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
Robert, Danaomi, I found the journals. In 2001 Moto rental RD$ 350 per day. & supply your own gas. In Las Galeras, that alone is an experience. By the beer bottle. Guagua to Samana RD$25 oer person. In 2003, Moto, RD$ 350, Quad RD$ 550. US$ was averaging 16 to 17 DR$ in 2001 & 21 to 22 RD$ in 2003. Guagua to Samana, RD$30 per person. La Bruja adds that Juan did not rent his quad to toal strangers, only if you were known or recommended. Otherwise, he organised group tours.

Robert, a big thank you. Reviewing the journals brought back a lot of great memories & our 2004 trip got sideswiped by an emergency trip to Scotland & that wiped out the budget. Roll on 2006!!

Danaomi, yes I know Club Bonito. If you have any particular questions, just e mail me. stan@kenderhome.com

If anyone knows the Bancrofts, formerly from Las Galeras, they are now residing in Malta. I'm in regular contact , will be visiting them in September 2005. Happy to pass on any messages.

Last edited: