Moving to Puerto Plata

P

poetathome

I am moving to Puerto Plata next month and would like suggestions on a cheap to moderate place to stay. I need a place that is secure and also clean. When I say I am moving, I mean that I am coming down for about two months to locate a small house to rent. I am going to return to New York City, to bring some of my personal possessions with me. While there, I also want to travel around the country to see more than I did when I was there for a week. I do not want to stay in an all-inclusive hotel.
My reason for moving to DR is to learn to speak Spanish. I am a writer/poet and have always wanted to learn the language. I have had some of my poetry translated into Spanish and when I went to Puerto Plata last month, I shared a booklet of my poems with people there. They loved them. I have written a number of booklets of "understandable poetry" and also want translate them. I want to learn to speak the language to write about moving there too.
Any suggestions about bringing my two cats would be appreciated. I am a very positive person and know that I will be able to adjust to life there. I feel that DR is "heaven on earth" and the people's attitudes about life is wonderful.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
You have just joined the I want to move to puerto plata fan club. There are mant people who have chosen to move there. I am sure your poetry is great, but they like everything there. But they love money even better. About bringing your cats over you will need to get the proper vaccines and certificate of good health from your vet. Contact the dominican embassy in your city for more info that is required. And also contact your preferred airline for their pet regulations. Good luck in your voyage.

P

poetathome

I am happy to become a member of the I Want to Move to Puerto Plata Fan Club

stallion said:
You have just joined the I want to move to puerto plata fan club. There are mant people who have chosen to move there. I am sure your poetry is great, but they like everything there. But they love money even better. About bringing your cats over you will need to get the proper vaccines and certificate of good health from your vet. Contact the dominican embassy in your city for more info that is required. And also contact your preferred airline for their pet regulations. Good luck in your voyage.
I realize that they like money more than anything. I am fifty years old, on a disability pension. My pension will go a lot further down in DR. I do not have enough for everyone in Puerto Plata. Just enough to live on. Any recommendations on a cheap to moderate place to stay for about two months. Until I can locate more permanent accomodations? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. P.S. DR cannot be much more difficult than living on the island of NYC.