Theft Insurance

aerobaticman

Nov 10, 2004
I was wondering if anyone knows of where/who theft insurance can be purchased? I am specfically looking for insurance to cover jewelery, incase someone steal's it from my novia.

Any idea on costs?

Thanks for any help.

Firefan

Feb 17, 2005
Insurance

Hi!
For insurance I am actually insured through my Scandinavien home country (even though I have not lived there for years). The few cases I have had in the last year (both being theft) was covered based on a police report only. In one case the report was in Thai but that was not a problem - hats of for that.

I.e.: depending on where you are from you might want to check with your home insurance companies for an international insurance (not health of course). If you are from DR that of course brings you back to here :)

Cheers!

aerobaticman

Nov 10, 2004
Not exactly

1) I am from Europe and she lives in the DR

2) Per the Insurance companies I have talked to here in my home country, when you give the jewelery to her (as a gift), it is no longer yours, i.e it is hers. Thus my homeowners insurance would not cover it anymore because it's not mine!

I tried to talk to Lyods of London, no luck. I mean they usually insure just about anything possible...