Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip to Boca Chica weekend of the 18th

Post Thanks / Like

Question Trip to Boca Chica weekend of the 18th

ok, so I've just about exhausted the search capabilities and am now red eyed and still looking for some solid info on booking this trip, I'm sure this post is a dupe of many others but here goes.

I'm about to start planning a trip for me and two buddies (one is getting married as soon as we get back to nyc!) the responsibility to get the hotel and other arrangements setup has been laid upon me and I dont have much time so I could really use some pointers. I've been to the DR before, but not to BC, i stayed in punta cana at the iberostar bravarro (very nice but too much of a packaged vaca for me) basically what I'm trying to set up is a fairly inexpensive seat of your pants kind of trip to BC, I heard the nightlife is great and the women even greater, but, I'm trying to get an idea of what the best place to stay in BC might be for us. all inclusive would be nice for free drinks before going out, but we would want to be able to bring chicas back to our rooms without worry and have the basic stuff sorted like AC and clean bathrooms etc.

any replies greatly appreciated the clocks tickin!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hotel Zapata in Boca Chica...

may be a good option for you. I have stayed there twice(October and December of 2004). The setup is nice, with access to the beach. The staff are great and very friendly and really help you with anything you may need. They have an area with lounge chairs and a bar that is really great to hang out day or evening. And if I am not mistaken it is only $45 a night.

As for drinks, you could run a tab at the bar or just go to the supermarket and stock up. The rooms, though basic, are well-kept-the cleaning staff are very attentive. They do not have refrigerators so you may just want to pick up a styrofoam cooler and fill it up with ice.

Their security is also very tight. Your "guests" will be asked to hand over their cedulas(i.D. cards stating that they are over 18, you may want to check them yourself before you have anyone over) which will be returned to them once they leave.

As for the nightlife, Boca Chica is experiencing a surge in police activity towards the working girls on Avenida Duarte, and a few reports have stated that the bars along that street are pretty much dead at night. The disco to go to(or at least the one that's still open on Avenida Duarte) is Burbuja(I think that's the name) but I also heard that Presidente beers are 100 pesos a pop in there as opposed to 50-60 pesos as they should be. So you may want to drink somewhere else.

As for the girls, I can send you a personal message about that if you like.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Berzin
    ..and a few reports have stated that the bars along that street are pretty much dead at night.
    I believe ALL the bars on Duarte are still closed. I will be down there this weekend and report when I get back.

Post Thanks / Like

It's dissapointing to hear that the town is dead! but I'm hoping "dead" to a first time visitor wont be that bad compared to the veteran visitors who are used to 100% action.

Berzin - thanks for the tip on the hotel, I looked it up and from what I've found and what you said this looks perrrfect

please feel free to msg me with ANY info you think might be useful, my brain is a bc sponge!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not Quite Dead

I am headed to Boca Chica march 17-21 and will be staying at the Hotel Zapata. I have talked to someone still in Boca Chica and she said the bars are opening back up and things should be as close to normal as possible by the time we arrive. Most of the working girls seem to be in the massage parlors and off of the streets.

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
    Post Thanks / Like

It's dissapointing to hear that the town is dead! but I'm hoping "dead" to a first time visitor wont be that bad compared to the veteran visitors who are used to 100% action.

Berzin - thanks for the tip on the hotel, I looked it up and from what I've found and what you said this looks perrrfect

please feel free to msg me with ANY info you think might be useful, my brain is a bc sponge!
    The Zapata is a family oriented place and if you have "friends" overnight they have to leave at 6 a.m. or you have to pay a fee. Possibly, other than AI's, the worst choice for your type of rambunctiousness. And I doubt it is only $45 a night as well.

You are arriving the start of Semana Santa on the 18th so you better get a few rooms quick as you may find no room at the inn.
    Last edited by Robert; 11-11-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

ricktoronto - I would like to hear your suggestions if you would on what you think might be our best bet? I've already booked flights and am looking to book rooms or pref an apartment with 2 bedrooms.

thanks to everyone for their replies thus far!

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
    Post Thanks / Like

ricktoronto - I would like to hear your suggestions if you would on what you think might be our best bet? I've already booked flights and am looking to book rooms or pref an apartment with 2 bedrooms.

thanks to everyone for their replies thus far!
    I can suggest searching on the terms Boca Chica and Hotel would result in many threads of value to you. You are arriving during the busiest vacation time of the year without a hotel, good luck.
    Last edited by Robert; 11-11-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I Agree!

Quote Originally Posted by ricktoronto
    The Zapata is a family oriented place and if you have "friends" overnight they have to leave at 6 a.m. or you have to pay a fee. Possibly, other than AI's, the worst choice for your type of rambunctiousness. And I doubt it is only $45 a night as well.
    I agree. Zapata is a poor choice for your type of vacation. I posted a review on the Zapata and two other hotels a year ago on a couple of "travel sites."

The review is listed below:

I spent 5 nights in Boca Chica in March 2004 and stayed at the La
    Zapata, El Candil, and El Caucho (El Gaucho).

NOTE: Star(*) rating is not relative to hotels in the DR, but all
    hotels.

Hotel Zapata: **
    www.hotelzapata.com

1 night (Friday)

PRICE: $45 a night ($35 online deposit + $10)

UPSIDE: Chica friendly (no guest charge), on the beach, room safe,
    A/C and fan

DOWNSIDE: Very small rooms, no pool, 13" TV (handful of
    channels), no fridge

COMMENTS: I initially booked 5 nights at La Zapata, but changed my
    reservation to 1 night based on advice from a friend. Although, I had
    reserved a room on the second floor over looking the beach, this room
    was not vacant when I arrived. The knobs on the A/C were broke, so I
    was unable to adjust the temperature or airflow. The bathroom does
    not have a closing locking door, but two swinging doors that are
    hinged to the side of the doorframe. I was very disappointed with
    condition of my room and spent 2 hours the following morning looking
    for better accommodations.

El Candil: ***
    www.comdata.nl/hotel-boca-chica-candil

3 nights (Saturday Monday)

Price: $45 a night + $1/day for key to room safe (optional)

UPSIDE: Chica friendly (no guest charge), clean elegant pool, room
    safe, large rooms (living room and bedroom), A/C and fan, 13"
    cable TV (adult channel, and programming in English and Spanish),
    mini kitchen with fridge, management is cool and accommodating,
    balcony with a view, door w/ a bolt, 1 bar and a restaurant, 5 minute
    walk to the beach, electronically gated

DOWNSIDE: Security is tight, but this may be a plus for some

COMMENTS: I really enjoyed my stay here. Guiseppe, is a good guy and
    will take good care of you. Book in advance, because this place can
    fill up.

El Caucho (El Gaucho): **1/2
    1 night (Tuesday)

PRICE: $35 a night (I was charged $30)

UPSIDE: Chica friendly (no guest charge), clean elegant pool, A/C,
    13" cable TV (didn't have time to browse the channels),
    management is cool and accommodating, mini-mini kitchen with fridge,
    2 bars and a restaurant, 5 minute walk to the beach

DOWNSIDE: No room safe, small room, no bolt for door

COMMENTS: I was really impressed with the hospitality and service at
    El Caucho. The hotel has been under new management since Fall 2003
    and these guys seem to really care about satisfying their customers.
    There are a couple of places at the hotel to lounge around in and get
    a drink. One of the hottest chicas [dark, tall(5'9), very thin, huge
    breasts(DD), tight ***] I saw in BC works the bar there (never got
    her name).

Although, when I return to Boca Chica, I may stay at another hotel, I
    highly recommend El Candil. The staff and management at El Caucho are
    young, cool, and accommodating, but I would only return if some of
    the room accoutrements were upgraded, or if that hot chica is still
    there. I do not intend to return to Hotel Zapata.

-Helpmann

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast