Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Argentina or Chile

I would like to go to one of these countries. Has anybody here flied from DR to Argentina or Chile? What is the best and cheapest alternative?

Any information of where to stay is also appreciated.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DR Mpe
    I would like to go to one of these countries. Has anybody here flied from DR to Argentina or Chile? What is the best and cheapest alternative?

DR Mpe, your best bet would be Copa, they are the cheapest to my knowledge. American Airlines will kill you on the fare besides their service is really bad. If you get a chance to leave from the new york or miami area I would suggest Aerolineas Argentinas, service is very good and the planes are not that crowded. If you reserve in advance your ticket from santo domingo would be in the neighborhood of US850-US950, from new york you might get it, low season of course, in the neighborhood of 600-700. Hope that helps. Check this site, this are for tickets out of NYC www.1800argentina.com.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DR Mpe

Go to Argentina....Chile is not very nice. Argentina, while it has taken a major financial hit in the past 10 years is still a nice place to live/visit.

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GilbertArenas
    ...Chile is not very nice.
    What a silly and incorrect thing to say really.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ricktoronto
    What a silly and incorrect thing to say really.
    ...particularly if you are from Chile!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Castellamonte
    ...particularly if you are from Chile!
    Even if you're not it is a stupid thing to say, and lacking any detail or justification for the point. Not that there is any. Having been there several times I can say it is totally inaccurate as well.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No flights directly then?

Quote Originally Posted by Riu
    DR Mpe, your best bet would be Copa, they are the cheapest to my knowledge. American Airlines will kill you on the fare besides their service is really bad. If you get a chance to leave from the new york or miami area I would suggest Aerolineas Argentinas, service is very good and the planes are not that crowded. If you reserve in advance your ticket from santo domingo would be in the neighborhood of US850-US950, from new york you might get it, low season of course, in the neighborhood of 600-700. Hope that helps. Check this site, this are for tickets out of NYC www.1800argentina.com.

Like the ones to Venezuela?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the same concern as DR Mpe!

So there are actually no direct flights from Santo Domingo to such major destinations like Argentina and Chile??? People have to fly via USA?

Wow, DR is becoming more and more expensive by the minute! One of my ideas, IF relocating to DR, was to use it as a hub for exploring Central and South America. But if I have to fly via New York or Miami each time, geez...
    Last edited by Voyager; 03-04-2005 at 01:15 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager

So there are actually no direct flights from Santo Domingo to such major destinations like Argentina and Chile??? People have to fly via USA?

Wow, DR is becoming more and more expensive by the minute! One of my ideas, IF relocating to DR, was to use it as a hub for exploring Central and South America. But if I have to fly via New York or Miami each time, geez...
    American Airlines I believe has one but depending on time of the year. Voyager, the thing is that these airlines know the demand there is for flights in and out of DR, so they charge more (its a dirty game they play). In November I went to DR from Argentina via Copa and the plane was packed to the tilt. I tell you, I think there even were people clinging from the landing gear. The best thing to do is, if you must travel to another country do it in their low seasons if not you will pay the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager

Well nobody actually said that since the reference to COPA are flights that connect in Panama City, not the USA. And not many would fly back to JFK to turn around and take South American flights that leave from Miami.

There is nowhere near the demand for non stop flights to S. America from the DR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast