Re: cats in DR

A

Andy

Scaramooch,

Your posting has probably got this poor girl scared to death about bring her cat here to the DR. And everybody else probably thinks cat is a staple of the Dominican diet. You gave her good advice about keeping the cat on a leash as you and I both know that "Gato Negro", vino tinto is the preferred wine to have with cat in the DR! The cat's in the kettle at the Peking Moon...

L

Lynda

I showed a picture of my cat to my Dominican friend and he jokingly said that he would eat it. His sister however, thought it was very cute.

A

arcoiris

I didn't see any cats in the Capitol, and I saw two kittens en el campo. I asked my husband why I didn't see any adult cats. He didn't really answer me. I told him that I saw on this site that Dominicans eat cats. He said yes, some people do and some people don't. That his brother does, but he doesn't and neither does his sister. That solves that mystery. They are very poor, and I told him that if they got to starving, I would approve of him eating cat. They multiply so rapidly here in the US that they get overpopulated. Eating them solves two problems. It tastes like chicken.

S

scaramooch

Arco,don,t you think it would be better to import the stray cats here in the USA to the DR instead killing them at the pound. I think it serves a better purpose, dont you think? So far from the response on this subject, it seem that there is a large portion of people that eat cat in the DR, and it is obvious by some who are in self denial, like JC, Gaby, and others that cat eating is commom place in the DR. Perjaps they ate cat themselves and did not know it.

G

Greg and Connie Wales

With the electricity problems DR is having now, maybe that electricity generator demonstration from high school science using amber and cat fur can be put to some good use. Not?

E

Ed

From my recent trip to DR. I could say that cats are mistreated down there. While I was at a store one day I was patting a kitten and when I went back the next day I asked where is the kitten. I told me that someone had kicked the kitten and it died a few hours later of the injuries. Most adult cats avoided people

G

gio

It's because animals in general are regarded as filthy, germ carrying pests in the DR. They eat garbage, always sleep outside, and don't go to veterinarians so they are filthy and germy. Many people have a hard time feeding their families and will not provide nutritious pet food and care and affection to a pet. The animals eat garbage and bones. My estranged husband and his family can't stand it when we hug our one dog and three cats. They think that I'm nuts for vaccinating them and allowing them in the house. I told them that if an animal lives in the house and goes near us, it needs to be vaccinated, well-fed, loved, and clean. They see it as an unneccessary expense.

L

Lynda

Re: cats in DR and dogs

My friends in PP have a miniature poodle. It is an inside dog and well loved and cared for.

S

scaramooch

Gio, you are not going to have regards for another animal competing in the food chain.