Fear of being thrown out?

aerobaticman

Nov 10, 2004
Hi,

I am very seriously contiplating the move to SD sometime this Spring to be with my long term Girlfriend there. I'm not so worried about the job situation, my medicore Spanish, or the different way of life there. Instead I think it will be lots of fun!

What I'm more worried about is selling the car and furniture and moving there, only to find out that either in the begining or two years down the road that my residency permit is denied and I have to leave. No, I have no criminal record, no health problems, not driving problems, etc.

Just worried to give up old life and to be kicked out of the country where she lives.

Has this ever happened that someone? Ideas and thoughts please.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
aerobaticman said:
Hi,

I am very seriously contiplating the move to SD sometime this Spring to be with my long term Girlfriend there. I'm not so worried about the job situation, my medicore Spanish, or the different way of life there. Instead I think it will be lots of fun!

What I'm more worried about is selling the car and furniture and moving there, only to find out that either in the begining or two years down the road that my residency permit is denied and I have to leave. No, I have no criminal record, no health problems, not driving problems, etc.

Just worried to give up old life and to be kicked out of the country where she lives.

I've had exceptionally good luck here in the DR with residency and cedula. Of course I use Fabio Guzman (www.drlawyer.com) who makes sure things go smoothly and quickly. Last time I was in the capital for my residency I think I spent about 2 hours tops getting everything done.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Take it from me!

aerobaticman said:
Hi,

I have been planning to relocate to the DR (my birth country) for many years and I am still not sure if all my questions have been answered. I am still planning and some day I will move over there. I speak spanish and I own a businesses over there but to visit and to live is not the same.

To some, it takes no time to relocate anywhere and to some it takes forever because we just do not want to make a mistake.

My advice to you is: IF YOU MUST go, since you have all these "insecurities", leave your belonging on storage and when you realize that ALL is going well in the DR, go back and sell everything.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
aerobaticman said:
Hi,

I think you are worrying unnecessarily. If you can provide evidence you are not in trouble with the police where you live, and if you can give evidence that you have some financial resources other than what you hope to earn when living here, then you should have no trouble. I have been living here for 19 years and have never heard of anyone with a clean record being denied residency.

But if you are concerned, post your question in the legal section so that Fabio Guzman, the lawyer who answers questions is that section, can tell you if you have anything to worry about.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
That is the least of your concerns. That would never happen unless you did something to provoke it. And even if it did...you would survive.