Orilla Del Mar Cabarete

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
I know there are a lot of condo owners on this site. I just got the list of potential board members emailed to me as I am sure you fellow owners did as well.

I don't care who runs the place, but you should be warned about the gentlemen who is always at the front counter ( I think he was the original Canadian builder V_D_A ), who is running for the board. He told me he wants to increase the fees by 25%, and he also told me he goes into condos when the owners aren't there and turns off all the electricity.

The turning off the electricity I wouldn't mind, except I STILL HAVE TO PAY for the electricity on my two bedroom unit 11.5 months out of the year when I don't use it. That is just not right. Also, he says more assessments are on the way, and he wants the staff to get another 30% pay increase after the mandatory one the government just enforced.

I also don't like the new rules he has imposed WITHOUT the current board voting on it. I don't like the fact that the security at night sleeps all the time ( he says the guard dog will bark and wake them up. I don't think the dog is smart enough to determine a thief from an owner) Also, no visitors without a days notice and not without recording their passport number. For those of you who rent out your condo to tourists, I am sure your renters will not like that. Too many rules now and I can only imagine what will happen if he becomes President. Won't seem like a vaction at all.

I also heard he was once kicked off the board for too many ridiculous rules.

He has also told me that he will not bother to rent condos to people who come off the street and only want it for a few days or a week. He only wants elderly Canadians who want to spend 6 months there. This I don't care about because I do not rent mine out.

I think we need to ask a lot of questions to the people running for the board this March 20.

No I am not running myself, I just don't want to see my investment go down the drain. We had bad management a few years ago, and we need to keep that nameless perosn off the board.

PM me if you want to discuss this further.

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
Here is an update for all you property owners:

The Canadian who was one of the original V D A owners (J.R.)is running for President (he helped out when Frank was ill )

IF ELECTED:
1 bedroom condo fees up 50 USD per month
2 bedroom condo fees up 75 USD per month
a 10 USD fee for your guest to use the pool EVERYDAY
8 USD per hour to use the maintenance man
All tourists who walk off the street to rent a condo will be turned away.
Copy of passport for all visitors

My SOURCE:

Owners (4) who emailed me who are there now and he is trying to sweet talk them for their vote. Remember last year, when the OLD BAD administration was voted out? Well this person is the OLD BAD ORIGINAL MANAGEMENT.

2 owners said they will sell if this person is elected and they are his fellow Canadians. Please ask questions at the meeting. (No I am not interested in running the place.)
I know all of us owners are towards our golden years, but I don't want my one week a year vacation to be like a visit to the nursing home (not for a few years anyway) TOO MANY STUPID RULES