Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up The infamous dominican blowout...

okay dominicanas, ayudame por favor! Do any of you manage to achieve similar results when blow out your own hair as the stylists do at the dominican salons? Can you give me some tips please? b/c I am in college and can't make it to my salon every week. TIA

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

First you need a friend to help you out, other wise it is to hard to get the back hair done right. And that friend needs lots of arms strength and no fear about pulling your hair tight.

Next time you hit the salon make the investment in the products to make sure you can get the same sheen too.

You can get it close, but in my opinion there is nothing comparable to the blowouts you get at a dominican salon.

The Way Life Should Be...
    Post Thanks / Like

The proper round brushes are required.

To make super straight you need a friend who revolves the hair, over and over and over, under the heat.

Personally for that extra sheen I like a drop of olive oil.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that how you got rid of your bad hair?

The Way Life Should Be...
    Post Thanks / Like

You talking to me?

My hair is very complicated. Who knows where I got it from but I have straight, wavy, curly, and kinky all on one head.

There is no feeling like stepping out of a salon with freshly done hair.

Oops, I am not dominicana, sorry to the original poster.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for Dominican Salons in Ohio....

I am new to DR1, and so I don't know how to post new forums. I'm looking for a Dominican Salon anywhere in the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, area. I know I'm looking for a needle in a hay stack, but Dominicans are known to be the best... if anyone has any information on Dominican Hair Salons in the Ohio Tri-State or how to post a new forum, so I can ask more people...please respond to this, or email me at [email protected]. Thanks so much!

Tiffani

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tboo208
    how to post a new forum, Tiffani
    Welcome to DR1 Tiffani, just go to the top of the page and hit "new tread" and voila! For example, in the "General" section, look at the top left and you'll see new tread, hit it and write your message. http://www.dr1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9
    Also post a tread in the "Dominicans Abroad" section, you might have more luck here. http://www.dr1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41

Have fun!
    Last edited by juanita; 05-18-2005 at 01:21 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

So, just rollerset and then blow it out while revolving the brush over and over?
    Is it that simple?

Island Body
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's never THAT simple ....

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelylocs
    So, just rollerset and then blow it out while revolving the brush over and over?
    Is it that simple?
    I've gotten my hair 'done' in Domincan Salons where I live (in the DR) - it's amazing. I usually go with a friend and we get pampered (or tourtured depending on your pain threshhold) perspectively. Dominicans have a unique way of blow-drying hair which I've never experienced anywhere else (USA, South Africa, Italy, South America and so on), it seems to work for every hair type as I have fine blonde hair but many of my friends are domincan who are blessed with thick black hair, some curly and some straight. I never feel like my hairs been dried out (which is a problem for me) or over-dried which is amazing as they don't hold back on the heat factor.

I don't know how they do it but it works for me

Stay well,
    Amy

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amy2761
    I've gotten my hair 'done' in Domincan Salons where I live (in the DR) - it's amazing. I usually go with a friend and we get pampered (or tourtured depending on your pain threshhold) perspectively. Dominicans have a unique way of blow-drying hair which I've never experienced anywhere else (USA, South Africa, Italy, South America and so on), it seems to work for every hair type as I have fine blonde hair but many of my friends are domincan who are blessed with thick black hair, some curly and some straight. I never feel like my hairs been dried out (which is a problem for me) or over-dried which is amazing as they don't hold back on the heat factor.

I don't know how they do it but it works for me

Stay well,
    Amy
    ITA Amy! The problem is that I can't always go to a salon. In the US, the salons can be packed w/people. SO, I can be there for hours. I want to be able to do it myself. hmmmmm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast