A little travel info pls.

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
Will be driving from LaRomana to POP area during the week of Mar 15/05 with my son ( 33 yrs old ) and would appreciate any info in regards to things to see/ places to go along the way.
Before you jump on me, we are not looking for the chicas. We both enjoy the natural wonders of this world, which D.R. has many, we just haven't seen them yet, also enjoy a little history and meeting people. ( A Presidente now and then is also not out of the ordinary )
Although I'm a DR1 virgin, I've been lurking in the shadows and reading your posts for a number of months now with great interest, and would love the opportunity of meeting some of you on this trip.
I've lived in LaRomana for 1 year now, but this is my first trip to the north of Santo Domingo, apart from a 1 day trip to Cotui last year.

Ken

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
You can make an stop in the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo and check part of Our histoy.

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
Thanks, but I already know a fair bit about Santo Domingo, I want to know about the central and northern area things to see.
Finally found a web site today that gave me some ideas apart from the normal tourist tours, which I'm definately not interested in.
Also, I understand a number of DR1's own bars or restaurants, which I would like to visit.
Ken

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
buseouno said:
Thanks, but I already know a fair bit about Santo Domingo, I want to know about the central and northern area things to see.
Finally found a web site today that gave me some ideas apart from the normal tourist tours, which I'm definately not interested in.
Also, I understand a number of DR1's own bars or restaurants, which I would like to visit.
Ken
what's the website?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Here are a few ideas

The trip from Santo Domingo is only about 1 1/2 hours to Santiago, so take a detour in La Vega and visit La Vega Vieja and then Santo Cerro. Nearly 500 years of history there.

On the way up the highway, in Bonao, be sure to stop at the T?pico Bonao, It is well marked and a nice place to have a cool one and a sandwich or even a filete ? la Dominicana.

In Santiago, visit the Centro Leon. Beautiful place with histor of the island in dioramas.

In POP visit the Ambar Museum.

There are lots of other stuff but you want to get there in a day.

HB :D:D:D

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
Hillbilly said:
The trip from Santo Domingo is only about 1 1/2 hours to Santiago, so take a detour in La Vega and visit La Vega Vieja and then Santo Cerro. Nearly 500 years of history there.

On the way up the highway, in Bonao, be sure to stop at the T?pico Bonao, It is well marked and a nice place to have a cool one and a sandwich or even a filete ? la Dominicana.

In Santiago, visit the Centro Leon. Beautiful place with histor of the island in dioramas.

In POP visit the Ambar Museum.

There are lots of other stuff but you want to get there in a day.

HB :D:D:D

Thanks HB
I plan on spending at least 2 or 3 days travelling between S.D and POP and then a couple days there.
Will definately stay overnight in Santiago as I understand it is a very beautiful city.
The whole idea is for my son and I to spend some quality time together and explore, as we have only seen each other once a year for the past 22 years that I've lived in the Caribbean.
Ken