declaration for us newborn

N&D

Jan 29, 2004
I am currently married to a dominican man who is currently living in dr. my son was recently born in the us so he already has his us birth certificate. i'm returning to dr as soon as my son is able,... does my husband have to declare him in dr as well?

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
If you keep him in the suitcase, you should make it through customs no problema.

N&D

Jan 29, 2004
Lechero said:
If you keep him in the suitcase, you should make it through customs no problema.

made me laugh...........but seriously

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
You don't need to unless you wish him to be a Dominican citizen from birth in which case a declaration by the father at the nearest Dominican Consulate would be in order.

N&D

Jan 29, 2004
Fabio J. Guzman said:
You don't need to unless you wish him to be a Dominican citizen from birth in which case a declaration by the father at the nearest Dominican Consulate would be in order.

Thanks for the info...........Is there a time limit....for instance within 30 days of birth? my son is already five weeks.... and also would he need any of my information and or the baby's birth certificate? again thanks.

N&D

Jan 29, 2004
Lechero said:
5 weeks old!
Get him a shine box and send him out to work then.

Ha ha.... i'ts one thing to crack jokes on adults but another on a newborn. leave my son out of it.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey girl, don't be nuts.

Get the baby his US passport!!. NOW.

In the DR, if you and hubby fight, you might have trouble getting your child out of the country if he is declared a Dominican citizen, Can't happen if he is a US Citizen travelling on his own passport, with Mommy.

In a few years, the fellow can choose if he wants to be a DR citizen too. Try to avoid hassles in life, you'll live better and longer.

HB :D:D

N&D

Jan 29, 2004
He's getting his us passport just wanted to know if he needed to be declared aswell. I guess it's not necessary. thank you.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
* Million Dominicans Would Give Their Left Arm Up To The Elbow

For Your son's US Passport and Birth Certificate!

Listen to "Hillbilly" that kind of problem happens a lot!

PS,"Realoss","Who Asked You?" :lick: