Info request (Hacienda Tropical)/Beach Comparison - Confesi vs Punta Cana....Anyone?

Cush29

Mar 5, 2005
We have been to Punta Cana twice in the past 3 yrs, stayed both times at the same great resort (Occidential Grande Flamenco -sp?) but are going with a group of 4 others this time who are a little more 'cost concerned' and we've found a good deal on the Hacienda Tropical in Puerto Plata.

I did a search but didn't see any recent reviews of this resort so does anyone have any recent input on this resort and even more important is Confesi Beach comparable to the white sand, turquoise waters in Punta Cana?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob

jonii

Sep 4, 2004
I was there in January.... the beach is nothing special actually it sucks compared to Punta Cana or even Playa Dora if i was you .. spend a little money and go else where!

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
The beach in punta cana is nothing comparable to Confresi (Hacienda). The beach in punta cana is way better. The beach in confresi has too many coral and is small and sometimes unclean.

aventurachica

Mar 6, 2005
The beaches dont compare to punta cana though- but what do you expect? Punta Cana beaches are the nicest in the whole country. Puerto Plata itself will be a new experience... it's more touristic and has an active night life. I'd say go for Hacienda Tropical because Dominican hotels in general tend to be very nice and worth the money. The beaches may not be as nice but it's still white sand! Check out debbiesdominicantravel.com for resort reviews! It's a fantastic website, im sure you'll find some info there