nanny estates, cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
How is it in relation to what? Not walking distance to Cabarete or Sosua, apartments are not well laid out, convienent to Casa de Equipo which is a plus, walking distance to the Esso station, only a few condos have an ocean view and must be at the beach end to get this, 2 bedrooms on 2 levels and I believe only one or one and a half bedrooms.

Does that help any?

Miko

May 23, 2003
contrary to Escott's

comments, walking distance from the Nanny Estate to Cabarete is 15 minutes by the beach (that must be too long of a walk for Escott). It is located halfway between Cabarete and Kite Beach.
The web site is:
www.cabaretebeachhouses.com
As you can see on the site, at least the first 6-7 houses have direct view to the ocean and all have a view from the rooftop terraces.
There is a layout plan on the web site. You have a 2 piece bathroom on main floor, full bath on the 2 bedrooms level and a rooftop shower.
Hollywood is not current on the ocean situation. A sea defense was put in 2 years ago with a boardwalk all along the front and three sets of stairs going to the beach (I believe a picture shows this on the web site). The comments we received are all five stars operation and best looking project in Cabarete.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
I enjoy walking the beach at times but NOT all the time. Walking on the hwy is dangerous. I know because I drive that road and I am a dangerous driver:)
It is 5 minutes past Viva Tangerine for those that know that landmark. 15 minute walk is optimistic or a fast walker.

Driving there is like driving in a Video game and I can't even imagine what waliking on the highway is like but I know that I wouldnt do it. Returning on the beach at night in that area would be a bit dicey also.

5 stars even by Domincan standards is not even close.

Hey it is close to Casa de Equipo!

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Escott, the beach is busy all night long. Not loud, just someone around all night! To walk on the beach is not dicey and walking on the sidewalks in Cabarete is not a problem either. We have sidewalks on both sides of the main street in Cabarete.

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
nyfamily said:
hi...has anyone stayed at the nanny estates in cabarete? how was it?
I am currently staying there and they are wonderful. Lots of space. Nice and quiet. I walk into Cabarete each day. A "stroll" is 15 minutes.........tops! I would opt to NOT walk the beach at night, or the road for that matter. But I see a lot of people walking the beach while it is still light to go for dinner and then taking a cab back when it is dark.
All of them have a view of the ocean now due to the loss of the dune at the front..................the rocks and beach protection are gorgeous..........a lot of people stop to take pictures on or of the rocks.
Close enough to the action of Cabarete but dont have the noise at night!
I love it!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
rendul said:
Escott, the beach is busy all night long. Not loud, just someone around all night! To walk on the beach is not dicey and walking on the sidewalks in Cabarete is not a problem either. We have sidewalks on both sides of the main street in Cabarete.
It is about a mile to Jose Oshays. I would need a car to stay there. I would NOT walk the beach after dark in that area since it is so remote if I was the person staying there. There are NOT a lot of people doing this late at night after hanging out on the beach in Cabarete. Some nights you drive through Cabarete and the street is a ghost town and other nights you can't get through the traffic jams. There are NO sidewalks remotely near Nanny Estates. Walking on that road at night is taking your life in your hands. Walking on any road in the DR is terrible but that is like running the gauntlet!

Scott

nyfamily

Mar 5, 2005
Sunny44 said:
I am currently staying there and they are wonderful. Lots of space. Nice and quiet. I walk into Cabarete each day. A "stroll" is 15 minutes.........tops! I would opt to NOT walk the beach at night, or the road for that matter. But I see a lot of people walking the beach while it is still light to go for dinner and then taking a cab back when it is dark.
All of them have a view of the ocean now due to the loss of the dune at the front..................the rocks and beach protection are gorgeous..........a lot of people stop to take pictures on or of the rocks.
Close enough to the action of Cabarete but dont have the noise at night!
I love it!
glad to see your response...how does the management seem??? are the accomodations well taken care of????

Miko

May 23, 2003
uhmmm...

maybe Escott should be living in a retirement home if a 15 minutes walk is so bad that it means buying a car. Then again, Cabarete is more of a younger, in shape crowd town than Sosua.
Nyfamily: yes most people walk to town and after sundown, just cab back for about 120-150 pesos.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Miko said:
maybe Escott should be living in a retirement home if a 15 minutes walk is so bad that it means buying a car. Then again, Cabarete is more of a younger, in shape crowd town than Sosua.
Nyfamily: yes most people walk to town and after sundown, just cab back for about 120-150 pesos.
Well I like to get around a bit. You want to make this personal and it is not. I do have a car. Just yesterday I was in Cabrera. I went to visit Shad from this message board and for anyone interested he moved to his farm and has no internet and his phone isn't working in case you were worried about him. Last week I was in Puerto Plata and I will be in Santo Domingo withing a week. Have you ever been to Jarabacoa, Constanza, Pedenales, Baharona, Monti Christi, La Romana, Juan Dolio, Moca, Santiago, Luperon, Navarete, Mao, La Vega, Boca Chica? See, these are just some of the real nice places that you can visit with breathtaking views, different eco systems and loads of great things to see if YOU had a car.

They wont even rip you off like you get ripped off in Cabarete and you will see something other than OTHER "tourists on a cheap budget" which Cabarete is full of. Don't misunderstand me, I like living near a beach and that is why I am living there now but I like to see other things that are available in this beautiful country.

It sometimes rains 7 days a week here in the DR and has rained for almost 30 days in a row. Try walking those 15 minutes from the Supermarket on the highway with bags and rain. That isn't even the nicer supermarket around. I don't want to be YOU without a car.

Personally I don't care for Cabarete. With the exception of 3 restaurants that I frequent for real good food I don't waste my time nor my money. Let me compare Sosua which is the next town closer to the Airport. Rockys water is 15 Pesos. Jose O'Shays is 50 Pesos. If they give 29 pesos for a dollar in Sosua they give 27-27.50 in Cabarete. Beer in many restaurants and bars in Sosua is 40 Pesos, Cabarete 90 to 110 Pesos and this is for the same beer.

Cabarete town can't be driven through when the town is busy. I have gotten out of my car and had a cell phone conversation waiting for two buses to pass each other. Getting through Cabarete is like running the Gauntlet.

Nanny Estates is an older complex. Some of the apartments/condos haven't been touched in years. For many years the beach and beyond was eaten away by the surf. They went to extreme pain to stop it and they don't know if it IS stopped yet. They tried about 4 times that I know of. Time will tell. The only thing it is convienent to is a Whore House which isn't really a bad thing. Walk to the road turn right and you have a big Whore House right there with 50 plus women, booze and dancing.

Hey, I am in SHAPE! Round is a shape btw:) Enjoy Nanny Estates if that is your cup of tea. Don't make it like it is convienent because it isn't unless you want the whores of course. I failed to mention there is yet another whore house 100 meters to your Left towards Cabarete also for you pleasure.

Escottindanursinghome

Justintime

Aug 18, 2004
What Escott said!

I agree...

1. I wouldn't want to walk along the road, in DR traffic, in the rain, carrying my groceries either :tired:

2. Yay for Rocky's ;)

3. Round is certainly a shape :laugh:

"You want the truth...you can't handle the truth!" is ringing in my head for some reason :cheeky:

Of course, the truth varies from person to person :glasses:

Last edited:

Miko

May 23, 2003
all joking aside

between Escott and I and our toutting for our respective towns (well Scott, we at least keep our hookers inside compounds in Cabarete, not hustling you walking the town like in Sosua), I am sure NY Family you will enjoy your stay at the Nanny and better yet, post your impressions here after your trip. One things that I want to correct Scott about is that even if the Nanny was built in 1989, it is kept top notch (uhmm,. why don't to take a drive over Scott, seems your overdue on a visit, or I am down in July, swing over for a beer) and this is from comments of all the people who walk up the stairs of the beach, they think it was built recently.
As far as your questions about accomodations, most units have been refurnished, all have AC, some have treated tap drinkable water, there is generator back-up, phone, cable, maids service every day (they even do the dishes), pool (refinished last summer), whirlpool, tennis court. If you don't feel like cooking, ask Maria to call up Maribel to cook you up a blast of a dinner.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Hey I walk the beach in Cabarete and the one street you have there just to get groped every once in a while. I love the place. In case you were wondering groping is completely free:)

I have been to Nanny Estates just recently. Big rocks man!

Beer? Sure, anytime.

BTW, I am building a house in Cabarete. I actually thought it was Sosua but had to go to Cabarete right by Nanny to get my building permit.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Escott, just about all of the Cabarete lovers have been boycotting Jose O'Sheas for about a year and a half now, because of their outragous prices. You won't see anyone but tourists eating there... Not fair to use their prices as a comparison. Anyway, you'll have to double the prices because what they don't make up in outragous prices, they try to get in messing with the bill... One night they tried to charge us three times for the same round of beers.

Miko

May 23, 2003
the other

reason for the boycott of Jose O'Sheas by Cabarete's residents was the discovery that the owner put in his new septic tank right in the beach in front of his place in the middle of the night last year.
Scott: building in Cabarete, not in Sosua!!!, wouaw, moving up in life man, sure you ready for that big jump?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Chris said:
Escott, just about all of the Cabarete lovers have been boycotting Jose O'Sheas for about a year and a half now, because of their outragous prices. You won't see anyone but tourists eating there... Not fair to use their prices as a comparison. Anyway, you'll have to double the prices because what they don't make up in outragous prices, they try to get in messing with the bill... One night they tried to charge us three times for the same round of beers.
What is the difference between them and their next door neighbors? Probably not much. I have experienced sticker shock thoughout the beach in Cabarete.

They probably screwed with your check because you put beer in their computer!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Miko said:
reason for the boycott of Jose O'Sheas by Cabarete's residents was the discovery that the owner put in his new septic tank right in the beach in front of his place in the middle of the night last year.
Scott: building in Cabarete, not in Sosua!!!, wouaw, moving up in life man, sure you ready for that big jump?
Not really. I thought for years it was in Sosua.

Septic on the Beach? Another classy Cabarete move:) Thanks for the info!

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Indeed, o'Shea's is expensive, but.........

.....it seem's to be by far the busiest place on the beach. I'm thinking that their target market market is not the expats. That's the thing about the free enterprise system, they can charge whatever they want and we have every right not to go there. It seems to be a system that works better than most. I think I'm going to start my own bar and restaurant in Cabarete. I'll serve better food and charge less. We'll put those bastards right out of business. ;)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Camden Tom said:
I'll serve better food and charge less. We'll put those bastards right out of business. ;)

Yes, yes, please do the better food at better prices, but please don't put them out of business... They happen to be our landlords at the moment ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.