A horrific tradegy inPunta Cana

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
This is a terrible story I learned today. One of my closest friend had a dear friend of hers move to Punta Cana about 2 months ago. This girl, from the NYC area, around 30 years old, took here first trip to Punta Cana, and fell in love with the place. She meets a man..... She returns to NY to decide that life isnt as it should be in NY, she is single here, and decides to pack up and follow one of her friends that already moved to the DR... she moves, her family is not happy with her decision, but she is a grown woman, and goes about her way. She gets an apartment in Punta Cana, is not working yet, and is seeing some guy. Time goes on, and she discovers that he has a live in girlfriend, so she ends it with him....now back home in NY her family has not heard from her in the past 3 days, so a family member calls the other friend who lives in the DR to say that they havent heard from her, please go check on her.... the friend goes to find her brutally murdered in her apartment. As the day went on it was learned that the boyfriend and the live-in girlfriend conspired together to have 4 of his friends to go in and rob and kill her! and this guy was in custody today.
What is so disturbing is that this poor girl was searching for happiness, she pack up to make a better life for herself, she was involved with the wrong guy, and now she is dead. Her brother is a NYC cop, and the NYC police have been in contact with Authorities in the DR making sure they could find out all they could.. I also heard(which I dont know if its true) that if you commit a crime such as a robbery in the DR, and if you are identified, you could be sentenced to death? Is this true? If it is is this why such a crime as robbery would be followed thru with killing the person, so then they could not identify the criminal?
For us women who think we are on vacation falling in love with strange men, be careful... let this be a lesson not to be so naive. we can easily be taken advantage of, robbed and even be killed. (I know people can find happiness and true love as well). But when vacationing in foreign countries, you must be very careful, everywhere. I have had 4 vacations to the DRin 8 months, and I have been crazy while I was there. My friend and I are thankful that nothing bad has happened to us, I was involved with someone that I learned had a live in girlfriend as well( and thank god I ended that) and you never know who your dealing with. All I know is that this poor girl is going to arrive back in NYC in a body bag... this is horrific and she did not deserve to die this way.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
No, there is no death penalty in the DR.
Condolences, la flor, to both you, the woman's family & the friend who found her. I had a quick look through the DR papers but couldn't find anything on this yet.......it'll probably take a day or two before police do a press release.

I think this should be cross referenced to Mars & Venus as a reality reminder to the many who do what this woman did. What a waste of a young life.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Folks,

I was made aware of this sad event yesterday. It was told to me more or less with similar information provide by "la flor"; that the crime happened in Cabeza de Toro area sometime Friday.

My sympathy goes out to the family members.

Regards,
PJT

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
This is very sad and terribly tragic. My prayers go out to this young girls family and friends touched by this crime. You are to be commended for trying to Warn/Inform others about the realities of this Tropical Paradise. The truth is that this is a very harsh place, if you don't have a support system here, or the resources and life experience to handle the transition, it's a dangerous move. Many Posters in the Mars/Venus and Sankie Forums, talk about being able to "handle it" and have their fun, But, that simply may encourage others to go for it, and live it up as well, to a tragic result. If you're here on vacation, please don't think about falling in love with a local. And yes I'm afraid for many having sex is a natural progression to falling in love, call me old fashioned. Enjoy the weather, the ocean, the mountains, the culture, the friendship of your peers on vacation, but "Don't Use The People", you will end up the victim in that equation.

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
Lambada said:
No, there is no death penalty in the DR.
Condolences, la flor, to both you, the woman's family & the friend who found her. I had a quick look through the DR papers but couldn't find anything on this yet.......it'll probably take a day or two before police do a press release.

I think this should be cross referenced to Mars & Venus as a reality reminder to the many who do what this woman did. What a waste of a young life.
can youplease let me know when this hits the papers, and where we could get this info. thank you

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Oh Lord!

I am truly, very sorry for what happened to your friend.
My condolences to all her family.

It goes to show you that sometimes we try to give advices here to help people. I posted to someone, that moved to the DR not long ago, about 3 days ago "to take it easy" and I also mentioned to her that when some people are dumped( she had dumped her dominican b/f), they can react in a violent manner.

Again, I am sorry for your and her family loss.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
I am sorry about your loss la flor,

what also makes me sad is the fact that many of you would still defend these scums like a lionese her cubs still thinking that these guys are trully in love with you and not the money signs that they see on your foreheads.

Now you see why Miguel, AZB and many others come down so hard on you.

Most likely this poor girl was caught trying to sober up by talking to someone else which is a NO-GO in the mind of many of these guys. Once you are with them they think that you belong to them for life and they even dislike even if someone else just looks at you for one second.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
la flor said:
can youplease let me know when this hits the papers, and where we could get this info. thank you

Of course. I'll keep looking. There are online versions of national papers like El Caribe, Hoy, Listin Diario, El Nacional, Diario Libre etc. Many people here read them. Not sure if that area has a local paper as well, I only know of the local papers where I live, which is Puerto Plata. I'm sure a lot of people will search the papers for you. Sometimes things don't make it to the papers, either because the police don't release it, or because information is being 'managed'. Lots of people here watch DR TV as well, so it could appear on one of the TV channels.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
TorontoBlonde....

you are already in over-your-head. "Crimes of passion" are not uncommon in the D.R.. If your new boyfriend told he'll kill you, believe him. His "manhood" is at stake. Good luck.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Pleasee!!

Guys, this thread is about Laflor's friend. Lets respect that.

TorontoBlonde, PLEASE start a thread about your situation. I really mean it, and we will give you some advices. Furthermore, I adviced(thread: "I need some advice about sankies", post #135) you to take it easy since you where dating this new guy about 3 days after you split with the old one.

Again, PLEASE, START A NEW THREAD Because the advices that I have for you, I will not post on this thread since this is about Laflor's friend. I do have some solutions for you since I have some friends over there that can help you!.

Last edited:

TorontoBlonde

Feb 10, 2005
Thanks Miguel

I would rather you snd me a pm.

Thank You

Toronto Blonde

miguel said:
Guys, this thread is about Laflor's friend. Lets respect that.

TorontoBlonde, PLEASE start a thread about your situation. I really mean it, and we will give you some advices. Furthermore, I adviced you to take it easy since you where dating this new guy about 3 days after you split with the old one.

Again, PLEASE, START A NEW THREAD Because the advices that I have for you, I will not post on this thread since this is about Laflor's friend. I do have some solutions for you since I have some friends over there that can help you!.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
This is truly a tragedy

and it makes the rest of us Dominicans ashamed. But how many times have people like AZB, myself and Criss warned naive tourists and immigrants about the increasing criminal elements in DR? People think we just try to scare people of. But in reality, the situation is DR is critical, to say the least. There is not even safety in numbers.

I recall the time we used to wonder how a beautiful gal like Jan was able to survive so long and intact in this jungle, specially when she was(don't know if she still is)such a fan of colmadones, barrios, bachata and tigueres.

But if my warning was strong then, it is even stronger now. Beware of love affairs in Dominican Republic. You may be heading into a trap or conspiracy.

TW

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
update on tradegy

It is now learned that the girl was home in her apartment with the guy, and in the morning the guys live in girlfriend and three other guys came in to rob and brutally murder her (so her b/f set this all up on her) and she was sabbed around 100 times. the family is still waiting for the body to be bought back home. Im sorry to display such graphic details, but this needs to be known, and all women must be careful and take thing slowly. I am sure eveyone heard about the other incident in NY today with another couple- jealous boyfriend shoots girlfriend in the head, then got on the next plane out of JFK to Santo Domingo, and was arrested there...
girls, any warning signs, even one red flag, is one too many, get out as soon as possible.

MoReNiTa GuApA

Oct 8, 2004
Condolences to the girl and her family. This is truly a tragedy. Women going to the DR for fun, sun and a little more could learn from this.

MG

gringagirly

Mar 7, 2005
if Im not mistaken

The boyfriends name is Simon...but the girl (his accomplice) isn't she a foreigner as well.??..seems to me she was European....but then again, the one Im aware of is probably one of the many he was involved with...
Lets hope tragedies do not come in 3's ....2 for this area in one week are enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!