Teaching Jobs in Santiago Available

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
My Company just got a new contract and needs teachers and a coordinator for Santiago. We are in Santo Domingo but we will need to staff a program in Santiago. Teaching English to Business Managers and Executives, at top DR companies. Not sure of the Hours, but it might be Saturdays and Evenings, or Mornings. I don't think the schedule has been defined yet. So, If you have a job and want to earn some extra, easy money, this might be a good gig for you to consider. We are rapidily expanding, and the pay is pretty good, better than the schools are paying. PM me ASAP, for contact info.

P.S. Also, we still need teachers for SD, Experienced Teachers and/or Motivated/Native Speakers with Business Experience.

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
Naufrago said:
My Company just got a new contract and needs teachers and a coordinator for Santiago. We are in Santo Domingo but we will need to staff a program in Santiago. Teaching English to Business Managers and Executives, at top DR companies. Not sure of the Hours, but it might be Saturdays and Evenings, or Mornings. I don't think the schedule has been defined yet. So, If you have a job and want to earn some extra, easy money, this might be a good gig for you to consider. We are rapidily expanding, and the pay is pretty good, better than the schools are paying. PM me ASAP, for contact info.

P.S. Also, we still need teachers for SD, Experienced Teachers and/or Motivated/Native Speakers with Business Experience.

Naufrago,
What are the qualifications needed for these positions in Santiago?

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Native Speakers who can conduct themselves professionally and are interested in teaching, not just doing it for the money, the money is good for teaching but the boss really wants people with a good attitude. Dominicans who are fluent and already teaching should certainly consider themselves qualified as well. We NEED teachers at both locations, ASAP.

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
Naufrago said:
Native Speakers who can conduct themselves professionally and are interested in teaching, not just doing it for the money, the money is good for teaching but the boss really wants people with a good attitude. Dominicans who are fluent and already teaching should certainly consider themselves qualified as well. We NEED teachers at both locations, ASAP.

May I be curious and ask what you mean by "Native Speakers" ? What accent? Anything goes? Or does it have to be American English (AE)? Or maybe British English (BE)?

By comparison, when I went to school in Sweden, English was taught as British English, not American or Australian or any other variety. Then, at University, I had to choose whether I wanted to do the examinations in AE or BE. If I chose AE and then wrote "colour", I would get a minus point on that spelling.

P

poetathome

Please see next message from me

Kindly read the next communication I posted please.

Last edited:
P

poetathome

Would like more info about teaching English

Hi, I am coming down on April 4th, to live. Am very interested in teaching English. I have worked in corporate environments for over thirty years. Many years as a Legal Secretary and possess excellent communication skills. Am a writer/poet and motivational speaker in NYC. For the last four years, I have been conducting poetry therapy workshops in NYC public schools and also at senior citizen facilities. It feel that it is no coincidence that you are looking for teachers and I have recently decided to teach English in DR. I am coming down to learn Spanish but would really like to give something back to the country. Will be coming to Puerta Plata but will be available to travel to Santiago as it is only an hour away. Please respond with more information about a position.

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Dear Poetathome, Check your private messages, you sound great for the job, give us a shout, pronto.

Dear Voyager, I don't believe Your British Accent will be a problem, as long as It's not a rhyming Cockney sort of sing song. Most of our materials are from Your side of the pond, and the tapes are mostly in BE. True we are training them mostly for American Business Environments, but the whole Idea of International English, Indian Speakers, Asian Speakers of English, etc., understanding a variety of accents is part of our focus. Your ability to explain the differences would be an asset. Many of our teachers are teaching with a Dominican accent which is OK, but is not the ideal accent for this environment. Most importantly you should want to teach and have some valuable life or teaching experience.

Thanks to everyone for responding. Keep it coming we just got another big contract with 80 more people to train!

quarrie7

Feb 16, 2005
I am a 31 year-old professional looking to relocate to the DR. I have my BA in Psychology from the University of Southern California and my Paralegal Certification from the University of California, Los Angeles. I have been employed as a paralegal for the last 9 years and also have many years of volunteer teaching/mentoring experience. I would love to hear more about the job. My main concern is that I would be moving with my daughter who is 7 years old. Would this position pay enough to support both myself and my daughter?

I look forward to hearing from you!
Sophia

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Sounds like you have a lot of calculating to do before you should seriously consider the move. I'll PM you some more details and thoughts.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Reading this thread brings a smile to my face.
This is what the DR1 message board is all about :)

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
Naufrago said:
Sounds like you have a lot of calculating to do before you should seriously consider the move. I'll PM you some more details and thoughts.

After I got your nice PM, a million thoughts have been buzzing around in my head. Now that I see the question from "quarrie7", I am also curious about the approximate pay.

Because of the working hours you mention, I assume the pay is by the hour? Maybe you can PM me again?

..and thanks again!

cip

Mar 7, 2005
halo ,from Romania

Halo ,I just see your anounce , and I want to know some more details (like: payments ,program, other jobs in future).
I am 27 y.o., male , graduated in economics ,M.A. in PR and advertising , and I can start moving in one month. So, if you think that it is a chance for woking toegheter do not esitate to contact me.
PS contact phone +40724260951
fax +40268471662
mail cip@oops.ro

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
Pay?

Please forgive me for repeating my question about pay.

However, I get a feeling that many people responding to this job opportunity are hoping for much more than it will actually pay them.

In the original post, Naufrago only talked about earning some extra, meaning you can not really expect to make a living on this job. Am I right? Wrong?

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
The position in Santiago is Part-Time, Although those in SD may be FT. I don't like to quote the pay, because it depends on your qualifications, and the fees of the course you are teaching. That's something you will have to talk to the Boss about. It's good pay for a teaching job in the DR. If you want more info you'll have to follow up, with a PM, phone calls, a little patience, like any job search. The jobs are real, the money is real. The Teachers that are working here are very happy with the Center.

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
Naufrago said:
The position in Santiago is Part-Time, Although those in SD may be FT. I don't like to quote the pay, because it depends on your qualifications, and the fees of the course you are teaching. That's something you will have to talk to the Boss about. It's good pay for a teaching job in the DR. If you want more info you'll have to follow up, with a PM, phone calls, a little patience, like any job search. The jobs are real, the money is real. The Teachers that are working here are very happy with the Center.

Okey, I understand. I will be in Santo Domingo next month and I will do some investigation then.