Skydiving

aerobaticman

Nov 10, 2004
Howdy,

I was just wondering what the skydiving scene is like in the DR? Are there any dropzones or clubs or ???

I own all my own equipment and am a rigger - so no need (or want) for such services in the DR!

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
There is only one place

aerobaticman said:
Howdy,

I was just wondering what the skydiving scene is like in the DR? Are there any dropzones or clubs or ???

I own all my own equipment and am a rigger - so no need (or want) for such services in the DR!

From what I can remember there is only one place in the DR to jump at. It's basically there to cater to tourists that want a tandem jump on the north coast. Also the owner puts together the yearly anniversary jumps at the Air Force base in Sans Souci. I used to see the ads for those jumps in the back of Parachutist magazine, but have let my membership lapse in the last year or so.

I know this isn't much, but maybe it will get you started in the right direction.

Steven
D-21276

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
You must have some big ones

aerobaticman said:
Howdy,

i'm a adventurous person and will try almost anything to point,but I think I'll have to pass on this one. :nervous:

After hearing about the auto mechanics :cry: I would be very leery trusting them to wrench on the aircraft engine that's going to be taking me up, especially seeing about 12 empty bottles next to his tools. :eek:

I wish you the best luck and be safe. ;)