Building a concrete wall

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
Ok all of u experts out there, I need your help.

I need material information and if possible, some cost estimates to have a 9 feet concrete wall built around a lot. the lot is 678 +/- Sqm in area. I am looking to built a plain concrete wall without any decorations or fancy stones.

burmellW

Dec 22, 2003
Jwb said:
Ok all of u experts out there, I need your help.

I need material information and if possible, some cost estimates to have a 9 feet concrete wall built around a lot. the lot is 678 +/- Sqm in area. I am looking to built a plain concrete wall without any decorations or fancy stones.

The area of a lot is somewhat independent of the perimeter. If the lot is square, then the perimeter can e determined from the area and then the amout of concrete can be found, but if the lot is long and narrow the perimenter will be greater. In other words, before we can answer your question we need the dimentions of the lot.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That is good advice

There are several variables:
1) distance from the street. You are supposed to put such walls 3 1/2 mts from the curb-even if the sidewalk is just 1 1/2 mets wide!!
2) distance from your neighbor's property line: 1 meter unless you agree.in writing to do it on the property line, and then you pay for the fence and you both benefit.
3) What size blocks-4", 6"or 8 ". With or without a stucco covering?
4) If you are on a corner you must allow more setback so people can see around the corner!.
5) Unless you want to become a billboard for every political party, you need to plant tropical ivy.
6) I am sure that there are other possible issues, too.

Talk to a civil engineer for price estimates per meter of wall.--if you decide to do this.

Also think Cyclone fence with bushes planted, nice thorny bushes. That way you can plant closer to the street, and the property line and not lose much ground. And if it is security you want, you can put razor wire on top of the fense.

HB :D:D

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
heldengebroed said:
11 blocs per m? * price* 2 is a nice estimation of the price of the materials needed

Greetings

Johan

Thank You sir. One maestro has told me that with material and labor included, the wall may cost me close to $10G's. I think that's quite high so I am waiting to see the material list and the price for labor per day.

oaktown75

Feb 9, 2005
Have you researched tilt up concrete panels

it may be an option.Far less labour intensive,and could be done in stages,,,$$ permiting?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Jwb said:
Thank You sir. One maestro has told me that with material and labor included, the wall may cost me close to $10G's. I think that's quite high so I am waiting to see the material list and the price for labor per day.
Wow I had a estimate for a stone wall 4-7 ft high on 2400 m2 for 15k.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Hillbilly said:
There are several variables:
1) distance from the street. You are supposed to put such walls 3 1/2 mts from the curb-even if the sidewalk is just 1 1/2 mets wide!!
2) distance from your neighbor's property line: 1 meter unless you agree.in writing to do it on the property line, and then you pay for the fence and you both benefit.
3) What size blocks-4", 6"or 8 ". With or without a stucco covering?
4) If you are on a corner you must allow more setback so people can see around the corner!.
5) Unless you want to become a billboard for every political party, you need to plant tropical ivy.
6) I am sure that there are other possible issues, too.

Talk to a civil engineer for price estimates per meter of wall.--if you decide to do this.

Also think Cyclone fence with bushes planted, nice thorny bushes. That way you can plant closer to the street, and the property line and not lose much ground. And if it is security you want, you can put razor wire on top of the fense.

HB :D:D
Are these Santiago local laws? It is certainly different in Sosua and Cabarete.

Escott