Playa Grande's New Investors

DR Tradewinds

Mar 1, 2005
Hi to all who read this,

I am new, so much so, I hope I am posting this in the right format and place.

I want to know if anyone can tell me about the purchase of PLAYA GRANDE GOLF COURSE & SURROUNDINGS? Is it finalized? If so, when will construction of the new Hotel(s) begin? What is the scoop on all of the events surrounding this purchase? Actually any information will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
DR. Tradewinds

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
DR Tradewinds said:
Hi to all who read this,

I want to know if anyone can tell me about the purchase of PLAYA GRANDE GOLF COURSE & SURROUNDINGS? Is it finalized? If so, when will construction of the new Hotel(s) begin? What is the scoop on all of the events surrounding this purchase? Actually any information will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
DR. Tradewinds
My understanding is that the golf course has changed hands a few times this past year. New investors are american and prices to golf have gone up considerably. Tom

DR Tradewinds

Mar 1, 2005
Thanks Tom

twhitehead said:
My understanding is that the golf course has changed hands a few times this past year. New investors are american and prices to golf have gone up considerably. Tom

Thanks Tom for replying, it's appreciated. If you find anything else out, please let me know.
DR Tradewinds

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
DR Tradewinds said:
Hi to all who read this,

Thank you,
DR. Tradewinds
Yes, the Playa Grande course was sold in the final moments of the last administration. The investors are, apparently, quite well heeled and have some amazing plans for the place. Rumors abound in the zone around Cabrera & Rio San Juan but it appears as if at least some of them are well founded.

Land values have started going up at a pretty good clip as the investors have bought land surrounding the course area. The land originally purchased is extremely large (both sides of the road, way back). Land that was $3/sq is now selling for $13/sq with no utilities!

I've invited the investors over to my little bungalow for a chat but have thus far been rebuffed. I think they want to remain on the down low for the time being. I'm just curious about what happens to my membership and how my guests can use the course.

Hope this helps.