Sigining a lease in the DR

d life

Oct 11, 2004
I have found a house that I really like and I think that the price that I am being offered is reasonable. It is a Large 4 bedroom house, 3 bathrooms, a large living are and a seperate dinning area with a full kitchen fully equiped. The owner has allowed me to use his furniture (which is very nice for about 2 months) before I furnish the house.
But I have a question.
I have been offered to sign the lease in pesos or in dollars. Should I sign the lease in pesos or in dollars?

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
If you sign in dollars you are pegged to the dollar...which means you will always pay the same amount of dollars. If the peso were to gain even more strength you would not be affected since you are paying in dollars. On the other hand if the peso loses value...you don't gain anything when it comes to paying your rent.

If you sign in pesos and the peso starts to gain value then you must exchange more dollars to pay for your rent. If the peso starts to lose value then you exchange less dollars to pay for rent.

Other than that I don't know of any differences.

d life said:
I have found a house that I really like and I think that the price that I am being offered is reasonable. It is a Large 4 bedroom house, 3 bathrooms, a large living are and a seperate dinning area with a full kitchen fully equiped. The owner has allowed me to use his furniture (which is very nice for about 2 months) before I furnish the house.
But I have a question.
I have been offered to sign the lease in pesos or in dollars. Should I sign the lease in pesos or in dollars?