Serving notice...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
A few nights ago, one of our local friends living in La Mulata, (an area that has been notorious for burgalries and assaults) was attacked by surprise, from behind by 2 or 3 drugged out teenagers, wielding machettis.
He took several hits, and is in surprisingly good condition now.
The good news is, that while down on the ground, he managed to get his gun out of his special quick draw holster, and shot and killed one of them.
Let this serve notice to thieves and burglars.
If you want to mess with the good people around here, you had better be ready to pay with your life.
Let this also serve notice to those who control the drug trade in town, your days are also numbered.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Another plus for conceal and carry. My congrats to the shooter for a job well done. Hope you soon recover from the injuries.

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
Thughs =-1
locals=+1
Good thing that episode got a happy ending. But really, even though it's a hassle to get a weapon in the DR, I think it's peace of mind having one loaded these days.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The lighter side..

On the lighter side, he shot the dude in the arse, as that was all he could shoot at, being on the ground and all.
The bullet went up his arse and lodged into his throat, an injury which proved to be fatal.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Classy reply

Escott said:
Good job my friend. Sorry it cost you but thanks.

Escott
I forgot to say thanks.
It's people like this who set the example for others, who don't know the meaning of the words, "give up", and it's thanks to people like this, that we can live in a safer community.
Kudos to you, amigo.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Rocky said:
A few nights ago, one of our local friends living in La Mulata, (an area that has been notorious for burgalries and assaults) was attacked by surprise, from behind by 2 or 3 drugged out teenagers, wielding machettis.
He took several hits, and is in surprisingly good condition now.
The good news is, that while down on the ground, he managed to get his gun out of his special quick draw holster, and shot and killed one of them.
Let this serve notice to thieves and burglars.
If you want to mess with the good people around here, you had better be ready to pay with your life.
Let this also serve notice to those who control the drug trade in town, your days are also numbered.
I'm curious as to what the reaction from local law enforcement was.

gringito

Feb 21, 2005
So...

AlaninDR said:
Another plus for conceal and carry. My congrats to the shooter for a job well done. Hope you soon recover from the injuries.

Soon we will all be concealing and carrying and this will be a good thing? Bad guys on one side of the street and the good guys on the other, both armed and both shooting at each other? I hope the bad guys will be wearing black and the good guys will be wearing white so, if I came out of a restaurant at night, I can know who to shoot. How can we ever salute anyone for killing a teenager anywhere in the world? And before you start painting me as a flaming liberal, worry instead about me showing up at your door. I mean you no disrespect but there has to be a better way. This way is not right.

Regards

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
gringito said:
Soon we will all be concealing and carrying and this will be a good thing? Bad guys on one side of the street and the good guys on the other, both armed and both shooting at each other? I hope the bad guys will be wearing black and the good guys will be wearing white so, if I came out of a restaurant at night, I can know who to shoot. How can we ever salute anyone for killing a teenager anywhere in the world? And before you start painting me as a flaming liberal, worry instead about me showing up at your door. I mean you no disrespect but there has to be a better way. This way is not right.

Regards
Know who to shoot? Bad guys wearing BLACK? How about picking the guy that cut you many times with a machetti and blowing his *** up like what happened or would that be to right wing for you?

In NY I have a 9 mm Smith and Wesson and a full carry license. Here I have my own machetti in my vehicle until I get the right to carry a gun here.

Some people are just victims and some people aren't! I was never one nor do I plan on to please someone who doesn't have a clue like you.

Escottshakinghead

GilbertArenas

Mar 15, 2004
Wow, be careful guys. If you can't get a gun, or aren't comfortable with carrying such a deadly device.......get a stun gun! It's a lot better to shock the hell out of somebody from 10 feet away than go hand to hand with a machete pirate style.

That being said, I hope your friend is okay Escott. Machete attacks are a national pasttime down there...... :(

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
How can we ever salute anyone for killing a teenager anywhere in the world?
I'm sure you would have second thoughts if the poor guy was killed and you was the one that had to make the call to his family. Worse still, being a member of the victims immediate family.

I somehow feel that I would have zero remorse for blowing away someone that started hacking at me with a machete. The other two idiots should consider themselves very lucky they are not dead.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword!

Escott, you can carry a gun here, your a resident.
All you need is a permit, doctors report, etc etc.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
gringito said:

Regards
OK, let me help you out just a bit. The bad guys are the one that initiate the attack normally. They will be the ones making aggressive moves. They are the ones wanting to rob or kill you.
As an example, I will mention the two people ages 23 and 27 that first hit my 82 year old father with a fire place iron several times, then with a brass statue, then shot him in the head four times killing him. Perhaps if dear old Dad had a gun, he would still be alive and the two that meant him harm would be dead. That would seem to be an excellent trade to me. Perhaps you have sympathy for the two murderers because afterall, they were out of their drug of choice which was heroin. I wonder if they think the $200.00 he was robbed and killed for was worth it? It did keep them in drugs for nearly three days. During a recent interview with one by the arresting detective, he showed no remorse over my Father's death, he just hated the fact that he was caught.
What's your life worth? Will you trade it for $200.00? What age group and sex would you prefer to be killed by? Would the persons sanity or state of mind make any difference to you in that second before you die? Does an innocent victim ever deserve to die? Is self defence a non-issue?
There probably was a time in my life when I would be considerate of a person's upbringing and how it affected their life, but not anymore. I have no doubt that in my Father's case, and my friend in Sosua's case, the perps knew what they were doing was against the law and against society. That's about all that matters to me.
I wouldn't worry about you or anyone else showing up at my door. My door is always open and i'm always "heavy".
Evidently the second perp in Sosua got away. If he's caught, will you take him in to rehabilitate and be responsible for?
I do salute the victim. His dinner and drinks are on me. Maybe you should attend the funeral and testify about a life cut short by the person's own attitude, greed, stupidity or whatever. Be sure and mark the grave cuz I will.
Maybe spend some time reading http://murdervictims.com/

Last edited:

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
I have no remorse for thiefs, specially if they trying to rob you or attacking you. The victim is a wise man to not panic and react smartly to keep himself from becoming an statistic. If I sense or catch one at home it's going to be Duck season in a couple of minutes. I got 2 full 9mm clips cued up in a strategic location in case anyone wants to find out if I'm going to hold my fort down.

tomgallo

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 25, 2004
GilbertArenas said:
Wow, be careful guys. If you can't get a gun, or aren't comfortable with carrying such a deadly device.......get a stun gun! It's a lot better to shock the hell out of somebody from 10 feet away than go hand to hand with a machete pirate style.

That being said, I hope your friend is okay Escott. Machete attacks are a national pasttime down there...... :(

C'mon. Machete attacks a Dominican pastime. Give me a break!

Dominicans are more into the easy no sweat stuff like sanking. Dominicans are no violent people, you sound like a wannabe gringo *** kissing type.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Its better to be judged by 12 then carried by six!

rellosk said:
I'm curious as to what the reaction from local law enforcement was.

Its a shame he did not get a change to empty his clip on the whole lot....
Good riddence rest in Hell.

Gringo

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Do thy duty...

gringito said:

Regards
I am guessing that by now, after reading AlaninDR's reply, you are wishing you had not made the above post.
Perhaps you would not have taken that position if you had seen our local friend's stitched up head, neck & shoulders.

As I am Canadian born, I am less accustomed to people carrying concealed weapons than our friends, South of the border.
Gun control, the right to bear arms, concealed weapons, gun permits, etc, will always be the subject of controversy.
I think it's safe to say that, other than for hunting, there would be no need for guns, if there were no bad guys, here on planet Earth.
The fact is, the world's full of bad guys.
So, here's the choice....
Be a victim, or defend yourself.
Those who are unprepared for an assault, not only could pay with their lives, but are also making it easier for criminals to continue being criminals.
We also need to be ready, able and willing to aid our friends & family.
Let's face it, no matter how idealistic you might be, if you come home and find someone raping your sister, robbing your father, or chopping up your friend, you would have just cause to do whatever is needed to save them.
There are no limits or rules and regulations, when it comes to defending oneself.
If you are innocent and someone wants to do you bodily harm, you are 100% entitled & justified to use any means whatsoever to save yourself, in fact, IT IS YOUR DUTY !

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
gringito said:
This way is not right.

Regards

I think I understand your sentiment. Nothing about this is 'right'. But this way was the only and the best way under these circumstances. If a youth decides to run around assaulting others with weapons, that youth has to be subject to the same justice that he is dispensing. Others will soon learn!

I am also curious as to the reaction of the local police? Anyone know?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
gringito said:
I mean you no disrespect but there has to be a better way.
If you are looking for a solution and want to help, do what you can to stop those who control the drug trade in your neighbourhood.
That ought to take care of 90% of the problem.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
AlaninDR said:
OK, let me help you out just a bit. The bad guys are the one that initiate the attack normally. They will be the ones making aggressive moves. They are the ones wanting to rob or kill you.
As an example, I will mention the two people ages 23 and 27 that first hit my 82 year old father with a fire place iron several times, then with a brass statue, then shot him in the head four times killing him. Perhaps if dear old Dad had a gun, he would still be alive and the two that meant him harm would be dead. That would seem to be an excellent trade to me. Perhaps you have sympathy for the two murderers because afterall, they were out of their drug of choice which was heroin. I wonder if they think the $200.00 he was robbed and killed for was worth it? It did keep them in drugs for nearly three days. During a recent interview with one by the arresting detective, he showed no remorse over my Father's death, he just hated the fact that he was caught.
What's your life worth? Will you trade it for $200.00? What age group and sex would you prefer to be killed by? Would the persons sanity or state of mind make any difference to you in that second before you die? Does an innocent victim ever deserve to die? Is self defence a non-issue?
There probably was a time in my life when I would be considerate of a person's upbringing and how it affected their life, but not anymore. I have no doubt that in my Father's case, and my friend in Sosua's case, the perps knew what they were doing was against the law and against society. That's about all that matters to me.
I wouldn't worry about you or anyone else showing up at my door. My door is always open and i'm always "heavy".
Evidently the second perp in Sosua got away. If he's caught, will you take him in to rehabilitate and be responsible for?
I do salute the victim. His dinner and drinks are on me. Maybe you should attend the funeral and testify about a life cut short by the person's own attitude, greed, stupidity or whatever. Be sure and mark the grave cuz I will.
Maybe spend some time reading http://murdervictims.com/
Very well put. It's amazing how people can Monday morning quaterback when someone else is a victim. Does anyone know if the gun was legal? What would be the consequenses if the gun were illegal?