What does AI stand for?

Cush29

Mar 5, 2005
I keep reading about AI resorts, AI areas etc....what the heck does it mean?

Sorry - did a search and couldn't find anything.

Cheers
Rob

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
actually, it stands for All-Inclusive. They are resorts where all your meals, drinks, snacks, etc. are all included in your stay. Some swear by them & some swear at them.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ok!

Cush29 said:
I keep reading about AI resorts, AI areas etc....what the heck does it mean?

Sorry - did a search and couldn't find anything.

Cheers
Rob
Since you did not searched hard enough, here is goes!.

AI= "A"ll "I"inclusive= the room, food, drinks and basically everything in the resort is "free" after you pay in advance. Even the resort's sankies are for "free", but not for long, lol.

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
miguel said:
Since you did not searched hard enough, here is goes!.

AI= "A"ll "I"inclusive= the room, food, drinks and basically everything in the resort is "free" after you pay in advance. Even the resort's sankies are for "free", but not for long, lol.

I think you mean the Sankie "start-up " and installation fee is waved. But there will be a monthly charge after that.

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
how bout......Artificially Inaccurate or Artificial Illusion. Its a toss up! :confused:
TEHAMA

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2002
Even the resort's sankies are for "free", but not for long, lol.
You've always got to do it don't you Miguel. Why do you have to bring sankies into every single thread you post in? The guy asked a perfectly simple and straightforward question, the answer to which is nothing to do with sankies. Anybody would think you get a cut of their $$$ ;)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Let's see!

Dominican Babe said:
You've always got to do it don't you Miguel. Why do you have to bring sankies into every single thread you post in? The guy asked a perfectly simple and straightforward question, the answer to which is nothing to do with sankies. Anybody would think you get a cut of their $$$ ;)
If you see the "lol", it means that the statement was a joke. I "got to do it" basically because I FEEL LIKE IT. I answered the question and afterwards I put a little joke on it. You don't like it, your problem, not mine. AND I do get a cut of their money!!.

If you are going to take anything that it's said on this site seriously, take a number and stand in line because you WILL need alot of time. As I said before, just because I don't agree with someone's post does not means that I have to put my nose where it does not belongs.

BTW, how come you are only "targetting" me since other have followed.Oh, I see, I was the starter. Better yet, don't tell me because I really do not care to know. Take a number and keep the "hating", lol (note: lol).

Wow, I have 1,271 posts and they are ALL about sankies. I guess that you did your job well when you rearched ALL my posts and threads.

I answered the OP's questions and that's all that matters. You don't like the way I answered, what can I do?.

Long live the Sankies!!!!. Now I need my cut, lol!!!!.

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Indeed!

Dominican Babe said:
Touchy aren't we. And I did add a smiley, or maybe you missed that.
I know you did darling. I also put some lol's all over the place.

Justintime

Aug 18, 2004
Or...

Maybe they are hard working folks who simply want a week or two in the sun and on the beach, don't care so much if it's Mexico or the DR, and appreciate the convenience of just landing...and relaxing. Great way to decompress from the rat race for a few days. Does that really make them a$$holes? :cry:

Several who follow this board visited the DR at an AI first, then ventured off on subsequent visits. Does that mean they were a$$holes, and now they're not? :nervous:

(Okay, I better duck now, I expect the cannons to be firing soon)

aerobaticman

Nov 10, 2004
Not Fair

I don't think it's fair to blast the AI's as being done.

When in the DR I have to admit me and my Novia enjoy spending a few days (3-4 max) in an AI and relaxing. No running around for the food, drinks, or activities. But the max we can stand is 4 days of it.

I absolutely love the real DR, especially Las Terranas and such, staying in smaller places with real locals.

So AI sometimes is Absolute Ideal and sometimes Absolutely Idiotic.