Retirement

karenssp

Jul 28, 2004
After retiring in DR what are some of the things you look forward to doing? Does anyone have their own business, did they travel to DR several times before they decided that, is the place for them? How did you feel leaving other members of your family and moving their?

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
JDJones said:
I like to go to the beach, then drink some beer. Look at cute girls in nice bikinis,Then I drink some more beer, look at more girls,, and after I drink some more beer, I have a beer and go home to bed. Then I get up, go to the beach, drink some beer........
You shouldn't work so hard. ;)

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
I am a [U]long[/U] way from that. But I would like to do some mountain biking, trail running, maybe even take up scuba. The only dringing would be really cold malta india.

karenssp

Jul 28, 2004
stewart said:
I am a [U]long[/U] way from that. But I would like to do some mountain biking, trail running, maybe even take up scuba. The only dringing would be really cold malta india.

I had asked about running in another thread. I couldn't find any road races, do you know of any their. So where are the trail runs?

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
karenssp said:
I had asked about running in another thread. I couldn't find any road races, do you know of any their. So where are the trail runs?
I don't know of any organized road races. But I may be wrong. After all, I was surprised to see the tour of the carribean bike race there last month.
As for trail running. Depending on where you plan to live, there are trals that go in just about every direction out side the towns.I used to just pick a trail on my mountain bike to see where it led. I plan to do the same running.

Bernardo

Mar 2, 2005
JDJones, I like your style. Are there any openings? Where do I sign up? But I will be honest I don't think I am able to drink that much beer. Do you give lessons?

JDJones said:
I like to go to the beach, then drink some beer. Look at cute girls in nice bikinis,Then I drink some more beer, look at more girls,, and after I drink some more beer, I have a beer and go home to bed. Then I get up, go to the beach, drink some beer........