Teachers for US Naturalization Exam Course Needed

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
It's me again needing Teachers for my Firm's US Naturalization Exam Course which will be starting up in a few weeks. It will probably be on the weekends at our office in Santo Domingo, Arroyo Hondo. I've been assigned this project so you can PM and we can meet, and talk, if you're interested. Pay is open as we haven't set the fees yet, and I'm still developing the course and materials. I've done this before in NY, and it's pretty simple. You should have a good understanding of US History and Government, you know, your basic, 3 branches..How a bill becomes a law...who was..G.Washington, A. Lincoln, FDR, nothing fancy but what they teach in US public school history. PM me ASAP, I could use some help brainstorming, and structuring the lessons, and setting fees, marketing ideas, etc.. The Books have been ordered and are on the way, so we want to start soon.

Last edited:

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Naufrago said:
It's me again needing Teachers for my Firm's US Naturalization Exam Course which will be starting up in a few weeks. It will probably be on the weekends at our office in Santo Domingo, Arroyo Hondo. I've been assigned this project so you can PM and we can meet, and talk, if you're interested. Pay is open as we haven't set the fees yet, and I'm still developing the course and materials. I've done this before in NY, and it's pretty simple. You should have a good understanding of US History and Government, you know, your basic, 3 branches..How a bill becomes a law...who was..G.Washington, A. Lincoln, FDR, nothing fancy but what they teach in US public school history. PM me ASAP, I could use some help brainstorming, and structuring the lessons, and setting fees, marketing ideas, etc.. The Books have been ordered and are on the way, so we want to start soon.
G. Washington == Bridge in New York
A. Lincoln == Road in Santo Domingo
FDR == Road in New York.

How close am I? <grin>

Seriously, what are the ages you look for on this and when will it start? I ask because my college daughters may be interested (and they are WAAAYY smarter than I).

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
No age requirement, I suppose. Sufficient maturity to conduct a class would be needed. Are they in SD? We want to start soon, like maybe next month. PM me I can certainly meet with them if they're interested.

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
Just Curious

I am not challenging your need for a class, but I am curious why you are offering a citizenship class in the DR.

A person must be a legal resident of the US for 5 years (three if married to a US citizen) before being able to apply for citizenship.

Do you have legal residents (US) living in the DR who wish to become American citizens?

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
mainer said:
Do you have legal residents (US) living in the DR who wish to become American citizens?

Yes. Many people return to the DR after getting their Green Card and living in the US for 5 years or more. Many also go back and forth, and while they're here could take a course. We are merely responding to requests for a program, not hoping to create a demand.

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
6 months and you ar out...

It does not matter how long anyone has had their residency, it will be revoked if you live outside the US for more than 6 months each year.

As far as the US naturalization test, INS will give you a pamphlet with the questions and answers for you to study (in Spanish if you need it).

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Wag said:
It does not matter how long anyone has had their residency, it will be revoked if you live outside the US for more than 6 months each year.

As far as the US naturalization test, INS will give you a pamphlet with the questions and answers for you to study (in Spanish if you need it).

Welcome to the Board! Do you live in the D.R.? Please PM me if you're interested in teaching.