Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advise on price of Gazcue apartment rental

I looked at an apartment in Gazcue located on a very nice block (one block from Indepencia Ave) . The apartment is in an older (not new tower) 4 unit building and is completely renovated. It has the charm of plaster, high ceiling etc.The apt. is 1800 square feet and is located on the second floor.

My question is -the owner is asking $900.00 and from what I've seen the rental price for this area is more or less in line. Can anybody share their qualified opinion on the rental price........thanks in advance.

JOHN

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johne
    I looked at an apartment in Gazcue located on a very nice block (one block from Indepencia Ave) . The apartment is in an older (not new tower) 4 unit building and is completely renovated. It has the charm of plaster, high ceiling etc.The apt. is 1800 square feet and is located on the second floor.

My question is -the owner is asking $900.00 and from what I've seen the rental price for this area is more or less in line. Can anybody share their qualified opinion on the rental price........thanks in advance.

JOHN
    I'd offer 600.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GilbertArenas
    I'd offer 600.
    I have an apt in Gazcue (Plaza Cornelia...Ave. Bolivar.. 4th floor) and it is currently rented for US$500 (RD$15,000)... Offering US$600 sounds fair.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crazy price - try halving that

Quote Originally Posted by johne

JOHN
    I have an apto in Gazcue - 75% the size of this one, about $500 per month
    3 bed -maids quarters, 24/7 on-site security - perimeter wall - 2 parking spots under the building. She's having a laugh as they say.

Paul

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default necesities

security?
    parking?
    most important:
    electricity, ie a reliable generator, and water.
    don't let anyone fool you, "siempre hay luz en gazcue", actually the elctricity goes off quite often- not as bad as in the barrios, but i am glad i don't rely on an inversor.
    Last edited by rubycatalina; 03-12-2005 at 09:35 PM. Reason: unfinished

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotLurking
    I have an apt in Gazcue (Plaza Cornelia...Ave. Bolivar.. 4th floor) and it is currently rented for US$500 (RD$15,000)... Offering US$600 sounds fair.
    If others are renting for 500, offer 500 and give examples.......it's very difficult to rent anything right now in the DR.