Need advice - Pregnancy in the DR

d life

Oct 11, 2004
Met a guy that I hung out with a little a few trips ago. He seemed like a nice guy with a good heart. He met a girl and stayed with her. He called me and said that the girl said that she is pregnant. Told him to have her do a test and he called back and said that the test is positive (she is pregnant).
I have told him to have her do the DNA and be sure that the child is his. But that can only come after the child is born. I really do not know what to advice him.
He is back in the states now but is in touch with the girl. She lives in POP away from her family.
I will appreciate some pointers. What should he expect and how is it handled in the culture and in the country. He is seperated from his wife but not divorced so marriage is out of the question. What do you advice and what should I tell him. I guess I will start by telling him to read this thread.

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Will all due respect, not being sure what kind of advice you seek here, but in order to give proper advice it is necessary for you to explain what kind of relation your friend had with this girl, how intimate was and how long was it.

d life

Oct 11, 2004
He met her I believe in dec last year on one of his trips. She spent a few days with him. He paid her. That was it I think. I do not know how intimate they are/were but he said that he kept in touch with her.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
d life said:
He met her I believe in dec last year on one of his trips. She spent a few days with him. He paid her. That was it I think. I do not know how intimate they are/were but he said that he kept in touch with her.

You gotta to be carefull, it can be another mans baby (like her dominican pimp or boyfriend) it can turn out to be a fraud after all. Just tell your friend to tell her he will wait for dna test when the baby is born. If the the baby turns out to be his later in the year, that he will support the baby, until then she is on her own. If it's a fraud she will tell you that she had a misscariage two months later. But you got to be carefull if she is really poor and there is no support comming via western union she will get an aportion.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Excuse me for being a stick in the mud, old fashion and whatever, but why would anyone have sex with a stranger and not use protection? Tell me the condom broke. Please tell me that!

I know, too late for preaching.

I'll go have my coffee now.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Oh Lord!

My advice to him is: Next time use protection.

Maybe(note: maybe) this girl is a nice girl and now her reputation will be "thrown to the floor" when/if he asks her to wait for a dna test. Why didn't he think of the consequences before he bedded her?.

I am not saying that he is a saint and she is the devil or visa versa, all I am saying is that if he had used protection, this would not be happening right now. Whatever comes from this, he is also to be blamed.

Good luck to him and more good luck to her, poor, rich, bad girl or good girl!.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Forget it

This is insane. She is as much at fault as he is. She is not the first or the last woman that will be impregnated by a tourist.

The best thing your friend can do is to forget the DNA testing, forget the girl and forget the baby. The Dominican culture is better equipped to deal with another bastard child than your friend.

Chuckuindy

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Who?".."What Girl?"..."When?"......"Sorry!"

THe girl is most likely NOT PREGNANT!
If he wants to maintain contact with her,(Big Mistake!) just tell her he will do a "DNA" test("ADN" in Spanish) after the birth.Untill then she can do what all the other "Pregnant" whores do,nothing!
As far as the "Condom" thing goes,I don't take a shower with a "Raincoat" on,and I don't wash my feet wearing "socks",so why would I wear a condom to have sex??

Before some smart A$$ says;"Because you can't get "AIDS" from taking a shower or washing your feet!" I will say "Toche"!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
miguel said:
My advice to him is: Next time use protection.

Maybe(note: maybe) this girl is a nice girl and now her reputation will be "thrown to the floor" when/if he asks her to wait for a dna test. Why didn't he think of the consequences before he bedded her?.

I am not saying that he is a saint and she is the devil or visa versa, all I am saying is that if he had used protection, this would not be happening right now. Whatever comes from this, he is also to be blamed.

Good luck to him and more good luck to her, poor, rich, bad girl or good girl!.
What a boring response. man, are you still a dominican?
Anyway, like the original poster said, he met her and spent a few days with her; paid her and left. Now does that sound like a real relationship to you? Sounds like he met a hooker, paid her for her services and left.
Now I am with chuck, just give her some money every month if you feel obligated, but other than that, these ghetto girls know how to deal with bastard children. They are not worried about their reputation, chances are, she will make the same mistake again with 2 other men.
AZB

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
He could've done the right thing and used a condom but he didn't. Now he needs to pay for his mistake and be responsible! He now has a second chance to do the right thing! He doesn't need to marry her or anything like that; just be responsible - if in fact the girl is pregnant.

I would advise him to take the girl to a clinic of his choosing and get a pregnancy test! If she is expecting then he should help her out with the medical expenses of the pregnancy (or perhaps an abortion - no flames please). When she gives birth have a paternity test done on the baby (about RD$30-40k)and act accordingly...if it is his then he should do the right thing.

A few notes... The laws have changed concerning this issue in DR (legal experts?....I'm not a lawyer). I've heard women are better protected under the law now. If a lady claims a child is yours YOU need to prove otherwise, but in the mean time, you have to provide financial support. I would advise anyone in this situation not to neglect it. A surprise 'Impedimento de salida' because of non payment of child support is a very bad thing.

just my 0.01 cele's worth.
Good Luck!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Claro!

AZB said:
What a boring response. man, are you still a dominican?
Anyway, like the original poster said, he met her and spent a few days with her; paid her and left. Now does that sound like a real relationship to you? Sounds like he met a hooker, paid her for her services and left.
Now I am with chuck, just give her some money every month if you feel obligated, but other than that, these ghetto girls know how to deal with bastard children. They are not worried about their reputation, chances are, she will make the same mistake again with 2 other men.
AZB
Indeed, I am.

Are you telling me that there are NO GOOD dominican girls that you can meet and be with within days?. The good ones are only the ones you meet?.

As I always say: have all the fun you want, protect yourself and if you are not careful, you will pay the price.

He paid her, she is a hooker and he STILL did not protected himself. He should have used both "heads".

Last edited:

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
What they are best at

miguel said:
Indeed, I am.

Are you telling me that there are NO GOOD dominican girls that you can meet and be with within days?.

All of the Dominican women I have been with are very good. Good in bed, good in relieving me of my money, good at not telling the truth, good at not cleaning the casa, good at not knowing how to cook, good at watching TV all day. What they do best is have 3 or 4 children with 2 or 3 men and hope that their own family?s can support them.

Chuckuindy

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
D@mn when you mix metaphores you really get all bollixed up!

CC That's "touch?" , please.........:D

Notlurking That's "chele's" or use ctrl+alt+shift+ c = ?

Now back to the original poster's query:

I would suggest caution in the first place. A lawyer might be nice to have.

Check out the pregnancy first. A couple of hundred a month won't hurt the guy that much. When the child is born, acertain the paternity claims, no matter what. Then take such steps as needed. If the child is his, it should be registered at the United States Embassy as a United States citizen. It can then be put up for adoption under US laws-if this is desired-or benefit from his citizenship down the line.

::Teacher points finger at PIB::

PIB answers: : "Que singaron!!"

Class dismissed!

HB :D:D

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
NotLurking said:
. A surprise 'Impedimento de salida' because of non payment of child support is a very bad thing.

There is no extradition treaty between the Dominican Republic and the US that covers lack of child support.

Chuckuindy

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
No, no, no!!

chuckuindy said:
All of the Dominican women I have been with are very good. Good in bed, good in relieving me of my money, good at not telling the truth, good at not cleaning the casa, good at not knowing how to cook, good at watching TV all day. What they do best is have 3 or 4 children with 2 or 3 men and hope that their own family?s can support them.

Chuckuindy
If you think that I will get onto a "heated" debate with my 2 favorite DR1 people (you and AZB), you are mistaken. Not for a guy that "lost" his common sense while on a trip. Not worth it, buddy!.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
chuckuindy said:
There is no extradition treaty between the Dominican Republic and the US that covers lack of child support.

Chuckuindy

Extradition? Who said anything about that? If he ever comes back for a vacation and he is unaware of an pending 'Impedimento de salida' on him (for whatever reason), he can't leave until he takes care of whatever issue cause the 'impedimento'.

Hillbilly said:
Notlurking That's "chele's" or use ctrl+alt+shift+ c = ?

@HB:- Yes I know it's 'chele' or at least I should...was born in DR...it was a typo!! hehe :D

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I agree with you

If the woman gets a judge to find out that the ": father" of her child has not given necessary support, he can issue some nasty decrees, which may or may not include jail or "impedimento de salida" ...

One point is that just how the baby is declared might be a sticking point (No pun intended) ......

@HB:- Yes I know it's 'chele' or at least I should...was born in DR...it was a typo!! hehe

All is forgiven!

HB :D:D

caro

Sep 24, 2003
I know it s could no give you a 100 % answer but when she would have her echography the doctor can know how many time she is pregnant so you could see if the timing is good with the time were you was there. I know the better is a adn test but this could be something to look before the baby born.
so this could be give a good idea but not a 100 % answer

oups just reread and see your friend was living with her so maybe the advice I give you can really help. so I think he don t really have the choice to wait the baby born to see if he really the father.

Last edited: