Public Car/GuaGua Info

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Is there any guide or map of the Public Car Routes, The Hand Signals that the drivers use, or GuaGua routes available? I can pretty much get to where I'm going but sometimes I think maybe there's a better route, more direct. And how about a bus from SD to the beaches at Juan Dolio/Guaycanes. Which Agency regulates these cars/vans/buses? Maybe they have some info, do they have a website? I know, hehehe, but I had to ask.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
there aren't any map about routs on transportation, the better way is to aks about it, I can help you, I use so frecuetily the rout that connect Santo Domingo to the east of the island or contact me at riravaga@hotmail.com and tell me where do you want to go,

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Naufrago said:
Which Agency regulates these cars/vans/buses? Maybe they have some info, do they have a website? I know, hehehe, but I had to ask.

Agency that regulates: ho, ho , ho , ho.

Guaguas just run all the time until around 10 p.m. from SD to Boca Chica/Andres and then there are tons to San Pedro where you can get off at Juan Dolio.

A taxi would be so much easier.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Agency that regulates: ho, ho , ho , ho.

Guaguas just run all the time until around 10 p.m. from SD to Boca Chica/Andres and then there are tons to San Pedro where you can get off at Juan Dolio.

A taxi would be so much easier.

A taxi might be easier...but MUCH more expensive!!

Taking a guagua to boca chica (make sure to take an EXPRESS!!!)....then in BC (on the highway by the shell station) you can catch another guagua heading to san pedro and just ask to get off at juan dolio (there are big signs....so just raise your voice).

you are talking about 50 pesos....vs 20-30 USD. BIg difference....and the guaguas are kinda kewl.

Ok...you might have to spend 100 pesos when you get to the main station in the capital to take a taxi to where you are staying....really...this isnt difficult if you speak a little basic spanish. Just negotiate your taxi fare too and from the station before hand (should run u around 100 pesos...say from the colonial zone).

most importantly.....HAVE FUN!!!!!