Great Dane Puppy Seeks Name

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
Why not "fifi"

I have a friend and about 20 years ago she got for her 21st anniversery a Mastiff (about the size of a great dane but twise as heavy) named "Kaizer von something" But that wasn't a name for a little furball. So at the party we called him "Fifi" and Fifi it stayed.

A few years later Nicole was walking her dog in a forest and someone tried to agress her on which she said: "That he'd better watched out because she was going to call "Fifi"" The guy,obviously tinking that "Fifi" was a little dog, told her to do so but anyhow he was going to violate her. On which Nicole said that fifi stood behind him and that he was free to kick him.
The guy turned, came fase to fase with a 100 KG monster in rage and... got a heart attack.

So call him fifi

Greetings

Johan

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Escott said:
I have the perfect Spanish name. Deoge If you need a translation I will be happy to give it to you.
Go ahead and translate.

So far I fear "Doc" is still in the lead. We have a bunch of other names from friends but I thought someone out here would know a cool Spanish name.

Lupe, the big black Dane, is actually Luperon after the general of that same name. Brandy, the brindle, is Brandywine because of the name of the valley we live in (here in the U.S.).

We have a jet black Newfoundland here, named Sombra (Shadow in Spanish). I just can't think of a good name for a big ol' fawn colored Dane.

Thanks all the same...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
De-o-ge sounds like Scott saying "doggy" with a Spanish accent :)

My picks.

- Diablo - Pure evil :)
- Montego - Mountainous
- Armando - Protective
- Naldo - Strong
- Ramon - Wise guardian
- Benito - A blessing.
- Tito - Giant
- Sanson
- Chago - Heel
- Jacobo - Sounds cool!

Some other ones...

- Aragorn - Lord of the Rings :)
- Bruno
- Dino

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I did not figure, is it a male?
If so:
- Brugalito
- Chico
- Caramba
- Nicodemo
- Bartolom?
- Gringo
- Fortunato
- Rey or Reyes
- Alexius
- Placido
- Salud
- Americo
- Arcenio
- Fabio
- Lucas

Jun 28, 2004
The experts say the ideal name is two syllables ending with a vowel sound, "Monty", for example

Last edited:

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Plexico

Named ours Plexico after Plaxico Burress of the Pittsburg Steelers. Lots of great names in the NFL if you are a football fan..tom

ColoradoGirl

Jan 30, 2005
We want a great dane puppy!

Hi there! I have raised Danes my whole life in the US and we are now moving to Santo Domingo in 2 weeks. Where did you get him? Do you know where we may find one? Please let me know. By the way...We want to name our next one Zues!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Castellamonte said:
Go ahead and translate.

So far I fear "Doc" is still in the lead. We have a bunch of other names from friends but I thought someone out here would know a cool Spanish name.

Lupe, the big black Dane, is actually Luperon after the general of that same name. Brandy, the brindle, is Brandywine because of the name of the valley we live in (here in the U.S.).

We have a jet black Newfoundland here, named Sombra (Shadow in Spanish). I just can't think of a good name for a big ol' fawn colored Dane.

Thanks all the same...
Spell out the word dog. De O Ge

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
In Spanish, hmm, let me see. I'd ask CC for a silly spanish name. But I suggest He Hate Me ;)

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Pluto and Marte would make a great name for a gd.

when naming an animal i usually let him develop his character first, and then i name it accordingly.

Gordo.... if he is fat
gloton....if he eats too much
Peluche....if he is starved for affection
Gigante....If he is huge
matador...if he is viscious
castano...If his color is chestnut
Veloz.......if he is fast/speedy
conan......If he is strong
Bocon.....If he barks too much

fatratpass

Dec 26, 2004
Using first person on behalf of a dog is much the same as walking into a hospital room and asking how "we" feel today?.....an odd way to go.