Potholes Getting Better!

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
It might be my imagination but has anyone else noticed that some of the streets around SD are getting better? I've never actually seen any road crews out there pouring hot asphalt, but some of my favorite potholes along Bolivar and Correa y Cidron, have been magically filled in. Any other good news reports on improving road conditions?

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Naufrago said:
It might be my imagination but has anyone else noticed that some of the streets around SD are getting better? I've never actually seen any road crews out there pouring hot asphalt, but some of my favorite potholes along Bolivar and Correa y Cidron, have been magically filled in. Any other good news reports on improving road conditions?
I think it may be your imagination. My favorite potholes haven't gone anywhere.

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Yes, finally the potholes in the Correa y Cidron got fixed. Dam zone looked like if it was shelled my mortar fire. My favorite pothole is in the independencia Avenue. There's a street wide shallow ditch near Pasteur street which causes beautiful traffic jams at any hours, that one is my favorite. I also liked the bump traversing the Jimenez Moya Avenue between Correa y Cidron and Jose Contreras avenues which was recently paved. Potholes in SD are nothing compared to those found in Santiago and Puerto Plata.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
They have cleaned up a few in SD, especially in and around the Colonial Zone.

I agree with Scott, the road from Sosua to POP is bad, I bumped along it last week.

I wonder what the problem is?
It's often bad and they appear to be always fixing something on that stretch.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Robert said:
They have cleaned up a few in SD, especially in and around the Colonial Zone.

I agree with Scott, the road from Sosua to POP is bad, I bumped along it last week.

I wonder what the problem is?
It's often bad and they appear to be always fixing something on that stretch.
Yes, they are fixing the streets in some areas of the city. Hopefully it will be a city-wide project. The Distrito Nacional is looking better than ever, can't neccesarily say the same thing about the "other" Santo Domingos.

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
POP airport to Sosua

On my way to the airport after a three month stay in Sosua I noticed thay were finally fixing the road by the bridge. Were the holes at La Union and Los Charamacos fixed by the same crew in the last couple of days?.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Smoke Screen

Every year just before Semana Santa they do something to impress. I'll bet the repairs to both the highway to the airport and the streets of Sosua will not survive a good rain storm.

theoldmillwright

the oldmillwright
Mar 6, 2004
canada
In the las terrenas area the potholes got so big they blended together and are now gone so be patient they will get fixed dominican style....

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
drive in

Between our trips in Oct and last week the potholes between POP and Sousa and even to Cab. are much worse. They now have a few that can be classified as drive in and drive out holes. We we move maybe time to think about getting a Hummer just to drive around.

Bob K