Ikea

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
Has anyone been able to purchase IKEA goods and had them shipped to DR? If so, I'd appreciate a short description of how you went about doing it. Thanks!

Does anyone know of any shops in Santo Domingo that have a similar concept as IKEA??

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
You may be able to purchase the item online in New York store, have a puerta a puerta service pick it up and deliver it to you here in DR. Seems like that would be very expensive but may work for a must have item.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Snuffy said:
You may be able to purchase the item online in New York store, have a puerta a puerta service pick it up and deliver it to you here in DR. Seems like that would be very expensive but may work for a must have item.
We have a lot of Ikea items, some we actually bought in Ikea, some through the Ikea online catalog and some on Ebay.

I like Ikea: cheap, and innovative.

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
In DR or US

Pib said:
We have a lot of Ikea items, some we actually bought in Ikea, some through the Ikea online catalog and some on Ebay.

I like Ikea: cheap, and innovative.

Hi Pib,

Do you live here or in the US? If here, how did you go about shipping the goods?

Thanks in advance - Solituna

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
Door 2 Door

Snuffy said:

Any good d2d companies that you know of and could recommend. Any links?

Thanks! - Solituna

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
solituna said:
Hi Pib,

Do you live here or in the US? If here, how did you go about shipping the goods?

Thanks in advance - Solituna
I live in Santo Domingo. I was shopping in Ikea in Copenhagen. You can also buy some ikea items through Ebay and have it shipped to a trusted courier in the US which then sends it to you in DR. Same goes for buying in http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
solituna said:
Any good d2d companies that you know of and could recommend. Any links?

Thanks! - Solituna
I use Aeropaq in Santo Domingo, tel 545-0545 (just picked up some stuff a few minutes ago). There are other choices, but I have never used any other company so YMMV.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
I've used several d2d in NYC but that means I have to lug everything I buy here in VA there, and then but the food at a SUPER cheap Exito super in Mahhattan to fill the rest of the box up.

I don't know of any that have a website, most of the one's I've used are through friends of friends of friend that work for such company and therefore get better prices etc. Just shipped two boxes full of food and goods and clothes for $90 used to be $85. Food only is $80. And I would say they were both well over 100 lbs.

If anyone knows any d2d that services the DC/MD/VA Metro area please let me know.

Thanks

In regards to IKEA, I've checked thier website they do not ship to the DR. Been there, tried that.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
kjdrga said:
In regards to IKEA, I've checked thier website they do not ship to the DR. Been there, tried that.
Sorry if I didn't explain myself correctly. You have to get an account with a local courier, they will give you an addresss in the US (not a P.O. Box, but a drop-in address). Then you ship to that address and the courier sends it to you in Santo Domingo.

A lot of people buy online and through catalogs here even though none of those companies ship to the D.R.