Help me stay Dominican in Monmouth County NJ

MonmouthDominic

Mar 15, 2005
Help. I just moved to the burbs. I need to find all things Dominican. Very important on the list is a dominican hair stylist who can tame the "curls" also known as pelo malo into straight beautiful shiny looking hair!

MonmouthDominic

Mar 15, 2005
The cities of Monmouth County NJ

Some of the cities here in Monmouth County which is central NJ are Marlboro, Manalapan, Freehold, Howell, Colts Neck, Eatontown, Tinton Falls, Red Bank. The list goes on somewhat.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
MonmouthDominic said:
Help. I just moved to the burbs. I need to find all things Dominican. Very important on the list is a dominican hair stylist who can tame the "curls" also known as pelo malo into straight beautiful shiny looking hair!
Monmouth County is kind of big. If you are any where near Asbury Park I'm sure you'll find a Domincan hair stylist.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Talldrink said:
Where is Monmouth anyway? Near what major cities in NJ?
Most of it along the Jersey Shore. There are no major cities in Monmouth country. It is however, home of the Boss!

MonmouthDominic

Mar 15, 2005
Asbury Park...yes!

rellosk said:
Monmouth County is kind of big. If you are any where near Asbury Park I'm sure you'll find a Domincan hair stylist.

Right. Thanks for reminding me of Asbury Park. I'm going to the yellow pages now and looking for any hair salons in Asbury Park that have names like Altagracia's Beauty or Velky's Beauty!

Thanks.

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
MonmouthDominic said:
Right. Thanks for reminding me of Asbury Park. I'm going to the yellow pages now and looking for any hair salons in Asbury Park that have names like Altagracia's Beauty or Velky's Beauty!

Thanks.

Try Perth Amboys. There are lots of Dominicans there.

Moca

Jul 1, 2004
F W I W

Tatty, de Puerto Plata, has styled my wife's hair for many years.
She works at:

Judy's Super Sheer
(732) 826-9188

Address:

181 Smith St
Perth Amboy, NJ 08861

Good Luck,

Moca

Last edited:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Talldrink said:
Yeah, try Perth and South Amboy. I know a few there...
Although the Amboy's may be close to where MonmouthDominic lives (she didn't say what part of Monmouth County), I think they are in Middlesex County and not Monmouth County.

MonmouthDominic

Mar 15, 2005
Thanks

I think I will look in Asbury Park which is closer to me, but Perth and South Amboy are both a short drive. I know plenty of great stylists in Newark, but don't want to drive that far.

Thanks for your help. Moca if I go to your stylist I will make sure I tell her you sent me. You should at a minimum get a free eyebrow wax out of it!

Carinos!

MonmouthDominic

Mar 15, 2005
Moca, Tati did my hair!

I just wanted to let Moca know or have him tell his wife that I went to Tati's at Judy's Super Shear in Perth Amboy NJ. She converted my curly(kinky) dominican hair into smooth silky hair which along with my stylish new navy blue suit and my gift of utter intelligence and poise landed me the job for which I interviewed the next day.

I mentioned to Tati that I was referred to her by someone I'd never met on the internet and more frightening than that, I'd never actually seen her work since I'd never met her client whose husband referred me to her.

I guess my confidence in Dominican stylists in general is what led me to take the chance. I'll be going back to her if she will have me, I have lots and lots and lots of hair.

Thanks again Moca. Maybe post your wife's name so I can tell Tati next time I see her.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Hey Monmouth Dominic, I sat next to a Tati on the flight back from SD that was a hairstylist in Perth Amboy - she was semi tall, Indiesita with long (fake) dark hair? do you know if she was in DR last month?

irishdomician

Aug 15, 2004
If you have no luck with others.....

MonmouthDominic said:

try sending a PM to FuegoAzul21, he lives in NJ. He's a good guy and would help.

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
If If I recall correctly you are pretty deep into NJ. I think you will find some options in New Brunswick (all little far) and in Ashley Park (maybe closer?)

aesthetician said:
Does anyone know of a hair salon in Freehold NJ?

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Closest dominican hair salons around freehold would be Asbury Park or Neptune...take route 33 ..Good luck

aesthetician said:
Does anyone know of a hair salon in Freehold NJ?

aesthetician

Sep 21, 2005
Quisqueya said:
Closest dominican hair salons around freehold would be Asbury Park or Neptune...take route 33 ..Good luck

Thanks so much. Does anyone know of a particular salon in these towns?

Queen-T

Aug 22, 2007
Help Me Find a Dominican Hairdresser is Monmouth County

Did you ever find a Dominican Hairdresser in Monmouth County? If so, where? If not, where is the closest one that you can recommend?
Thanks