Best Cinema in Santo Domingo.

franco

Nov 5, 2003
Name: Palacio del Cine
Reason why? Clean and comfort seats (if you will come in to the auditorium at the Acropolis five minutes before movie, when there is a light and you will see the seats you will probably will never come back to that place), free parking on the same level, fresh pop-corn, etc. :)

Last edited:

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
I like them both but If I had to choose I prefer Bella Vista, stadium style seating, very clean, and the crowd is a little more upscale. Bring a sweater, the A/C is usually turned up nicely. The hot dogs aren't too bad either.

franco

Nov 5, 2003
ERICKXSON said:
BEST CINEMAS?????????/ VISIT ACROPOLIS i like them better than those at BELLA VISTA

Seats in "Acropolis" are more dirty than a garbage dump.

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
I want to see Titanic 3D this week on the biggest possible screen in Santo Domingo. I have been to the Acropolis and Malecon Cinemas. They are fine, but didn't have the best screens. Of course maybe I ended up in a smaller auditorium. I've heard that the Blue Mall has very good screens and sound.

Any suggestions?

rh8371

Nov 5, 2008
I want to see Titanic 3D this week on the biggest possible screen in Santo Domingo. I have been to the Acropolis and Malecon Cinemas. They are fine, but didn't have the best screens. Of course maybe I ended up in a smaller auditorium. I've heard that the Blue Mall has very good screens and sound.

Any suggestions?
The Blue Mall is so far the best and newest cinema in town no mater which theatre you watch in. But especially in the VIP area...cost a little more but worth it.

rh8371

Nov 5, 2008
At the moment, the best cinema in Santo Domingo is hands down, Novocentro. Big, comfortable leather chairs, but no foot rests.They mainly show Artsy fartsy foreign films.

The only cinemas at the moment that have VIP areas are the ones in Blue Mall, and Malecon Center. I prefer Malecon Center because nobody goes there, so you always have the place to yourself. VIP seating in both is leather recliners, with foot rests that lift your feet up.

In both VIP areas, you get waiter service at your seat. Novocentro does not have seatside waiter service.

I too use to frequent the Malecon Center. The VIP with waiter service was the best. Rum and Coke every 15 minutes...never was able to finish a movie there. Haven't gone lately cause the seats were always broken or torn.

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
Great tip JDJones. I've been to Malecon Center a couple of times and always wondered which Sala was the biggest.