Short term fuel shortages....again.

Coastal

Jul 14, 2003
There is shortage of gasoline(s) in the country again. Premium fuel is not available and regular is under heavy rationing. Diesel is not supposed to be affected. Hopefully this will be resolved soon, but until then, plan your travels wisely and if you depend upon gasoline for gen sets, plan accordingly.

Greg

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks Greg.
Please keep us informed if there are any changes, and if anybody rakes you over the coals, again, we'll do a little voodoo thing on him/her.

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
To be forwarned is to be forearmed ! ! !

A warm & sincere thank you from all of your enlghtened followers. We are grateful!

Gringoloco

Feb 10, 2005
Escott said:
I love this guy and if that Dope says one word I am going to hunt him down and pull his toenails off.
Prices are starting to uptick in the U.S. too. The media is calling for a .25 cent surge on gasoline and I just got some junk investment mail today where the "guru" was calling for U.S. $70 per barrel of oil by summer.

Sounded like a big crock of you know what, so i didnt even open the envelope.

Who wouldve thought a gas station owner in a third world country would be the first to call it? Maybe he should be trading commodities via satellite internet connection. LOL

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Coastal said:
There is shortage of gasoline(s) in the country again. Premium fuel is not available and regular is under heavy rationing. Diesel is not supposed to be affected. Hopefully this will be resolved soon, but until then, plan your travels wisely and if you depend upon gasoline for gen sets, plan accordingly.

Greg
Thanks, Greg!

Are you the guy who owns the Coastal station in Sosua? Just wonderin'

Coastal

Jul 14, 2003
Returning to normal on Thursday.

I have just found out that the gasoline ship is supposed to arrive today, with expectations of normal gasoline dispatches from the refinery beginning tomorrow. Expect some back-log as supply catches up to the demand. Hopefully, all will be back to normal for the holiday travellers. I will update if anything changes.

Greg

P.S. Gringoloco, although I would like to claim some type of knowledge of commodity futures, I just report "end-user" information that I receive in this market. I think the flucuations in fuel inventories here are due to local vicissitudes (I've been waiting to use that word since the sixth grade!!) and not necessarily tied to the world market.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
with fingers crossed...

I used to believe he was profiting from privileged information, now I'm convinced that he's a jinx. Every time he announced one of his fuel shortages, world crude futures hit a new high.

he's a jinx, jinx, jinx...

Coastal

Jul 14, 2003
Blame Venezuela !

Mirador said:
I used to believe he was profiting from privileged information, now I'm convinced that he's a jinx. Every time he announced one of his fuel shortages, world crude futures hit a new high.

he's a jinx, jinx, jinx...

While I admit that I routinely use my posts on DR1.com to shape world events, the escalating prices of crude oil futures that is punishing the world today can be blamed on OPEC and primarily Venezula. Venezula's position is that "petroleum should be used as a weapon against the powerful countries of the world" and has said that "the world has to forget cheap fuel as it will not return". They are insistent that fuel prices should rise and reject any OPEC production increase. You can read more on this in a Listin Diario article that appeared today.
http://www.listindiario.com.do/cuerpos/mundiales/mun5.htm

So if you are angry about high pretroleum prices, now you know what to do, find a Venezuelan and ...............

Coastal

Jul 14, 2003
Just Playing!!

Chirimoya said:
now that's downright spooky. :cross-eye

Chiri, I was just funin' around a little bit. Someone had told me that they thought Mirador was Venezuelan, so I figured that I'd just give his barbed tail a little pull !

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Expect to be paying in the $2.50 cent range in NY and jersey this summer. Would probably end up around 159.9RD? As a side note- anyone purchase R134A for their car airconditioners lately?? UP 300 percent!!!!!!!!

Justintime

Aug 18, 2004
And...

in Canada regular unleaded at the pumps is poised to jump over the $1CA per LITRE! What's that work out to...$4US per gallon or something I think?!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Coastal said:
Chiri, I was just funin' around a little bit. Someone had told me that they thought Mirador was Venezuelan, so I figured that I'd just give his barbed tail a little pull !
Here was me thinking you were psychic...
Chiri (50% VZ)