DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Beach Bar on the South Coast

Name: Playa Vista
    Reason why?: Owned and run by two terrific people, Peter & Flemming.
    Right on the beach, friendly, clean and also has WiFi access (April 05) and a big screen projector for all you sports fans.

They also have a great blog: http://dr1.com/blogs/playavista/

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree. Not only is this the best place and these are the nicest people you will find that will give you the honest low down but these guys ROCK!

and roll

Escott

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I had the pleasure of visiting the bar last year with a couple of friends from here. They were actually setting up thier projector while we were there. I agree, Peter and Flemming are extremely friendly guys. Thier bar is in a perfect location right on the beach and is open and airy. Great place to sit and have a drink. A must visit if you are in Boca Chica.

Larry

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wifi?

Coolness. That makes two in Boca Chica that I know of. I helped install a wifi access point at El Caucho. I'll have to add Playa Vista to my growing list of wifi places in the DR. http://www.dr-tourist.tv/pages/wifi.html

Does anybody have more info on the wifi? Is it encrypted? What kind of signal strength do you get at the bar? From the beach etc?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rafael
    Coolness. That makes two in Boca Chica that I know of. I helped install a wifi access point at El Caucho. I'll have to add Playa Vista to my growing list of wifi places in the DR. http://www.dr-tourist.tv/pages/wifi.html

Does anybody have more info on the wifi? Is it encrypted? What kind of signal strength do you get at the bar? From the beach etc?
    Yes, it will be encrypted, so only clients can use it.
    They will have a router with a firmware upgrade so it will push out around 10X the normal signal strength. I'm sure if your own the beach or in the water, your be able to get access

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wi-Fi at Playa Vista

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Yes, it will be encrypted, so only clients can use it.
    They will have a router with a firmware upgrade so it will push out around 10X the normal signal strength. I'm sure if your own the beach or in the water, your be able to get access
    This is too good to be true. I can't wait to return...

-Helpmann