Best Italian Restaurant in Cabarete

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Name: Vento Restaurant

Location: On The Beach, Under the Stars, Amongst the Palm Trees. Enter from the main street in Cabarete or walk up from the beach.

Reason Why?: No place else in Cabarete offers the quality and range of Italian cuisine prepared by an Italian-trained chef. The owners are from Italy and brought their taste buds with them! The Gnocci, Oso Buco and other Italian delights are to die for there. Plus, it's super romantic to sit on the beach and enjoy a relaxing multi-course Italian feast!

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
Have you tried Toma La Luna

in Cabarete next to the Velero resort.

You may just re-appraise your opinion.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
Jimmydr said:
Where next to Velero?
Walk out the front door of Velero, turn towards the ocean and walk. Just after the incredible stench of the trash cans, turn right down a walkway towards some older condos. The restaurant is back in there.

Believe me, Jimmy, this is a place to take the one you want to be with that night. Very romantic. Food and wine are superb. French, tho.

I have a condo at Velero and go there often!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The restaurant Tono La Luna is not French. The chef is from Sicily. There is another restaurant nearby named Otre Casa which is French.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Toma la Luna - Every time.

The restaurant is Sicilian which when I left Europe was still at the bottom of Italy. The food is definately superior to anything else but the price reflects the quality. This is a place to impress for sure but you might find you need deep pockets. - I think it's closed on Mondays. They have a website:
Toma La Luna

Fantastic.

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
Castellamonte said:
Toma La Luna is superb, no doubt, but it isn't Italian. More French than anything.

The owner/chef is Sicilian.

Last time I looked Sicily was geographically and politically part of Italy.

However you are right no self respecting Siciliano would wish to be considered Italian, same as no Englishman really wishes to be termed a Brit along with the sheep-shaggers, boggies and sweaty socks!

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
Castellamonte said:
Walk out the front door of Velero, turn towards the ocean and walk. Just after the incredible stench of the trash cans, turn right down a walkway towards some older condos. The restaurant is back in there.

Believe me, Jimmy, this is a place to take the one you want to be with that night. Very romantic. Food and wine are superb. French, tho.

I have a condo at Velero and go there often!

You are referring to Ostra Costa (or something like that). Yes that is French.

We are talking about Toma La Luna. Walk out the front door of your own condo foyer. Turn right for 5 paces, go through the iron gates and bingo you are in Toma La Luna.....the Sicilian place!!!

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
gjsuk said:
You are referring to Ostra Costa (or something like that). Yes that is French.

We are talking about Toma La Luna. Walk out the front door of your own condo foyer. Turn right for 5 paces, go through the iron gates and bingo you are in Toma La Luna.....the Sicilian place!!!
Oops, you are right. I always get those names messed up. Toma La Luna has some absolutely superb food. Get there early, tho.