Where to buy an UPS for my computer?

Aguayo

Oct 11, 2003
I'm looking for an small UPS for my desktop computer in Puerto Plata or Santiago.

I know what AZB said about using an inversor with a big capacitor in the computer power source, but for now I'm just looking for a UPS until I had my inversor working.
If somebody knows of a good place to buy one, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Ben

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Ceducomp is in Calle Antera Mota. Or you could go to Prodocom in Calle Beller just before you get to the High school. Best of asll is PM MrMike on this board & get a price/deivery comment from him. He is based in Calle Bartelomo Colon just above the American Airlines office. Good prices, good service & invertors sold &/or repaired if you need help advice on those too!! ~ Grahame.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Inverter compatible

One must be sure to buy a unit that functions well with an inverter, as there are certain models that do not, and, if you plan to get an inverter at a later date, you should get the right model now, before discovering they are not compatible.
I just bought another one yesterday when I added another PC to the collection, and 4 PC's on a 650 watt unit would have been too much.
It cost 1,880 pesos and can handle 2 PC's easily.
Of course, I don't run the monitors on the ups, as the inverter covers that task.
I bought it at the Copi Centro, here in Sosua. The brand name is Omega.
If you are in Santiago, I imagine MrMike sells them a bit cheaper and would know which brands are "inverter compatible".
If you need phone numbers, addresses or directions, just send me an e-mail.
Marco.

Aguayo

Oct 11, 2003
Ups

Rocky said:
One must be sure to buy a unit that functions well with an inverter, as there are certain models that do not, and, if you plan to get an inverter at a later date, you should get the right model now, before discovering they are not compatible.
I just bought another one yesterday when I added another PC to the collection, and 4 PC's on a 650 watt unit would have been too much.
It cost 1,880 pesos and can handle 2 PC's easily.
Of course, I don't run the monitors on the ups, as the inverter covers that task.
I bought it at the Copi Centro, here in Sosua. The brand name is Omega.
If you are in Santiago, I imagine MrMike sells them a bit cheaper and would know which brands are "inverter compatible".
If you need phone numbers, addresses or directions, just send me an e-mail.
Marco.

Hi Marco,

I would really appreciate if you can give me some phone number or address to look for the UPS.

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
D@amn Rocky, that is good advice

`My very good UPS unit is NOT compatable--totally useless. According to our electrical engineer, it has to do with the wave structure and the UPS doesn't recognize the electricity coming from the inverter.?? WDIK?

However, our inverter takes care of everything now and I don't even know when the lights are on or off.

Mine is a Power Sure 400 that I bought at CECOMSA.

Mike's number is: 809 581 8431

And the street is BAR TO LO MEO Colon. Sheesh!

HB :D:D

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I have the same UPS as Rocky. Got it some time ago at Ceducomp in Puerto Plata. 1800 pesos as well. Works fine.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
As Hillbilly mentioned, MrMike, from Descuento Electronico is located on Bartolemi Colon, in Santiago, approx. 1/2 mile South of the main Hache fereteria. 581-8431.
Copi Centro in Sosua is on Alejo Martinez, directly accross from the Verizon building, 571-1424.
Ceducomp in Sosua is on the Sosua/Cabarete highway, just West of the car wash, 571-4848, and the one in POP is very close to Casa Nelson, but I don't know the name of the street, nor have their number.
The model I have is a 650 watt and is ample.

emaradona23

Feb 24, 2004
Brand New Ups 725-va

Aguayo said:
I'm looking for an small UPS for my desktop computer in Puerto Plata or Santiago.

I know what AZB said about using an inversor with a big capacitor in the computer power source, but for now I'm just looking for a UPS until I had my inversor working.
If somebody knows of a good place to buy one, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Ben

I have a 725-Va ups BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED.
The brand name is APC (known to make the best ups in the market).
This ups was brought to DR to sell. I bought it new in the US and
brought it to DR to sell. I'm asking 3,500 pesos but can negotiate
the price down to 3,350 if you're really interested in buying it.
Just reply here and let me know if you're interested.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
emaradona23 said:
I have a 725-Va ups BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED.
The brand name is APC (known to make the best ups in the market).
This ups was brought to DR to sell. I bought it new in the US and
brought it to DR to sell. I'm asking 3,500 pesos but can negotiate
the price down to 3,350 if you're really interested in buying it.
Just reply here and let me know if you're interested.
I assume you mean a 725 watt model, and if so, do you know that it is "inverter compatible"?
There would need to be a very good reason to pay approx. double the price of the 650 watt model mentioned above, that we know works well with an inverter.

Aguayo

Oct 11, 2003
I finally got the UPS in CeduCompp for $ 1600, on Antera Mota 45, Puerto Plata.
If is a 650 Watt Omega unit, following Rocky advice.

It works fine, although I have not tested it with an inversor yet.

Thank you for all you for the advice.