Question On Moving to DR!!

marc200

Mar 17, 2005
Hey everybody this is the deal

I'm a 19 year old dominican Guy living in NYC i dont have anything against NY but i personally hate it here i came here when i was 10 but theres something that draws me to DR and makes me want to stay there and live
well i have most of my family down there so i should be alright with where im goin to stay i used to work for American Eagle here at Laguardia and im sure that i can get a job over there in the airport for AA or AE i already have spoken and gotten the ok from the supervisors so i got the job problem down already

the other thing is that i want to study a trave tourism major in college here in ny the programs suck what am i goin to be learning at ?? at the holiday inn or ramada i have heard that there are very colleges or universidades in DR that especialize in tourism and i would prefer to study over there too i like learning in spanish bettter than in english i dont know why?

ok that NY theres everything to what ever everybody down there wants to come here i know the difficulties you go tru when living down there but theres some force in me that says i can over come all of that, is not like i did not live there half of my life... well another major force the girl of my dreams is also down there i really want to be close to her and later on marry her..
i know people are probably thinking y cant he get a girl from the US and trust me i had many but shes the one and i want to be with her so basically i have a cause and a desire to go down there.

and the good thing is that i will be getting all the help and support from my family not like i will need much of it but at least they will be there, point is i have been wanting to move to dr for a long time now im doing in it and if the need to come to NY comes back i can come back to visit and get what i need then disapear lol i have my flight benefits so thats no issue

well im getting my things ready and by march 31 im on my way down and ready to embrace DR!!!! well ladies and gents please feel free to tell me your opinions and thoughts and of course advice i will be happy to hear from you all..

thanks for reading adios. :classic:

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
I am also Dominican and have lived in the US for many years. I have never had any desire to move back, although I visit often.

If it had been someone else, I would have advised against moving there. I personally do not care for all the disorganization and chaos. But you are Dominican, grew up there and have relatives, and you are in love!

If you have a job waiting and your relatives give you their support, go for it!

You sound like you are a responsible individual who at 19 years old is already independent and knows what he wants out of life. And you are still young enough to move back to the States if it doesn't work out. If you come back to the US, try to go some place else other than NY City. The US is a wonderful country of opportunity and there are much nicer areas to live in than NY.

So my friend, I wish you the best and hope you can reunite with the love of your life. You only live once!

marc200

Mar 17, 2005
Thanks for replying keep em coming

this is great guys thank you so much your advice is extremely important to me :classic:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Half the battle of living in the DR is making enough money to support live comfortably. Working for AA, should pay a higher salary (and if they are like Continental, they pay in US dollars) and include some of the benefits that US companies traditionally provide.

Hopefully your relatives in the DR will provide support and not try to milk you. As Juniper said, you are young and can always return to the US (I'm assuming you are a US citizen). Have fun!!