THANK YOU for 300 pounds of School Supplies!

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Yes, our "Reach The Beach" Donation Drive raised in excess of 300 pounds of school supplies for the DREAM Project, and the children of the Dominican.
Some of the supplies went to the Outback Safari, for the children on the East Coast also, and the contributions are still coming in as I write.
Thank you, to all who assisted, and we look forward to counting on your support in future ventures!

THE DREAM Vacation Give Away is still underway, with over 65% of the vouchers allotted.

Dont delay, and get your voucher today!
Win a FREE Dominican Vacation, and assist the children of the Dominican with your kind contribution.

www.fiesta.webcentre.ca

Thanks again!

Cheers
Jimmy
Fiesta Committee
www.fiesta.webcentre.ca

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
carina said:
That is so great! It warms the heart to see how people actually care!

Yes Carina, it does!

There are many really good people out there, and I am very proud to say that many of them assist not only with our efforts, but also with other fine organizations such as Fundacion Patria, the Sosua Childrens Foundation and The Mustard Seed Community.

"What ever made a small group of people think that they can change the world? They always have!"

Cheers
Jimmy
Fiesta Committee
www.fiesta.webcentre.ca

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
Scoobster,
Congrats on your very successful venture. The collective efforts of the kind people can make quite an impact.

SB

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I agree, I myself dedicate some time free for 2 small public schools every week and teach the kids English. Very basic, very playful, but still they learn very fast, they have a 1000 questions to me as a "gringa" and if I follow those 2 schools ( I have started with the small, 7 year old kids ) from now on 60 kids will at least have a second language.

I know, and am aware of, that these children are very, very poor, some dont have books, nor pencils
- I have to bring all to the lessons and then I lock it in til next time - and basically they have nothing.
But I still do it, as I do what I can and want to give something back, living here in the society.
Even a 2nd language gives them a wish to learn more, to get familiar with the world, and it gives them a good feeling about themselves.

As they say, every drop helps to make a river..

You can help

DR1'ers . Yes there is still time for you to help, anyone can purchase a voucher for a chance to win the "Dream Vacation" to your choice of resorts in the DR, to a maximum of $3600 Canadian.

A group of crazy Canucks have setup this draw to aid the children in the Sosua area, the "Dream Project"

36 individuals have shared in the costs of the Grand Prize, there are many other prizes that have been donated by business partners in Canada and the DR. Draw will take place on July 23 in Canada at the 2nd Annual Debbies Dominican Fiesta.

It is our goal to raise $10,000 Canadian for the children of the Dream Project in Sosua. 500 vouchers where available but they are going fast. You can reserve yours by checking out thie following website.

http://fiesta.webcentre.ca/enter.htm

grmtngrl

Jan 20, 2005
Is there anything that americans can bring with us in our suitcases to help the schools??

Let us know what & where, and we would like to help out

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
grmtngrl said:
Is there anything that americans can bring with us in our suitcases to help the schools??

Let us know what & where, and we would like to help out

There are many fine organizations that could use your assistance, depending on where it is you plan to travel to in the wonderful Dominican.

If you wish to, please check our website,

www.fiesta.webcentre.ca

If there are any additional questions that you may have, you can feel free to either leave another post, or e mail me personally, as I am more than happy to asiist you in getting the supploies to the children of the Dominican.

Thank you for your kindness, and for thinking of the children.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers
Jimmy
Fiesta Committee
www.fiesta.webcentre.ca