Continuation on previous questions

R

Rafael Arriaga

Utility bills cost on monthly basis. Electric, water, telephone prefer company. cell phone rates best company, cable bill, telephone, internet cost.

11.Health insurance cost? What does it covers? name of insurance.

12. Prices on car wash, newspapers (local) drinking water 5 galons

Any other comments I will appreciate. Your input will help me and my family in making a decision in a future.

If you prefer you can E-mail me.

Se habla espanol also.

D

DR One

Living in Santo Domingo

Electricity will depend on what appliances you use. Expect to pay about RD$1,500+ a month for a three-bedroom apartment. You can factor in about RD$1,000 additional a month per air-conditioning unit. Water bills are about RD$200 a month. Telephone service for unlimited calls ranges about RD$500 a month. The two leading companies are Codetel and Tricom (with Tricom slightly cheaper). Cable is about RD$450 a month, with 60 channels), Internet cost is about RD$275 per month (you will need the unlimited call plan or your bills will be enormous). Health insurance is about RD$1,000 per month for a family of four (you will need to pay a year in advance unless you have a company policy), simple car wash is RD$60, newspapers sell for RD$10-RD$8 per copy, drinking water 5-galons sells for RD$15.00.

The Living in Santo Domingo book has a chapter on the cost of Living in the DR, plus it answers hundreds of questions persons like yourself may have. If you are seriously considering moving to the DR, you should order this book as soon as possible, as it will help you considerably with your decision to move here or not.

Note that living in Santo Domingo is not cheap. You can live much cheaper in most small US cities.