Party at MommC's......HB willing!!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Ok....here's the deal.......Papa Tony says we'll host a DR1 Party IF (and it's a BIG IF) HB agrees to attend. My guest room will be free after the 27th so accomodations will be ready for HB & the missus.
Now here's the cog in the wheel....this must take place by April 12th!
So HB get out your calendar and start making plans.
I need to know what day, also I'll need those who wish to attend to to RSVP so food can be prepared. Also maybe a poll on what type of food.....
Y'all have a choice of the following:
1)Italian
2)Indian
3)Asian
4)Dominican
5) International (some of all of the above)

It'll be a BYOB (Bring your own booze) and maybe a small stipend for food depending on how many are coming :) I'll provide ice and soft drinks and a jug or two of wine for supper.

If AZB RSVP's I'll definitely do a couple of authentic Indian dishes for him (may even grind some more Bengal gram to make Besan for roti).

Pool will be open and the beach is 300 ft away. We can start early and stay late. Lots of reasonable priced rooms in the area if anyone wants to stay the night in JD. I can post phone #'s if anyone wants them.

We can set up a buffet for "snacks" during the afternoon and maybe Auntie Clara and Chiri will volunteer to lend a hand in the new kitchen :lick:
I guarantee it'll be a treat for them to work in!

Maybe even Amber will show (and bring Miguel with her!!)

Anyhoo.....think about it (but not too long) and let me know!!

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
If HB is going...and "gathering" is set for after April 5th...

...then count me in!

Best, Dave

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
One of the few DR1 get togethers I have been able to make was at MommC's a few years back. I am the pickiest eater around I went back for seconds or 3rds on the roast pork! I had a great time. Met some cool people, and had a blast lstening to Amber's stories. . . . .didn't she almost Marry her cousin or something like that? ;-)

beckyred11

Jul 9, 2002
Missing it again!

I am so disappointed that I wont be able to make this DR1 fiesta! :cry: Too bad it couldn't wait until the end of May when I plan on visiting Juan Dolio! MommC...lets plan something in Southern Ontario this summer? I would love to see you again and have you meet my beautiful little Mal?a! I will be thinking about all of you and wishing I could join the festivities! Take care!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I will take this to Mrs. HB

Thank you for the terrific incentive. I will certainly see is this just may be possible for either Saturday 2 April or 9 April.

I know any menu you prepare is outta sight.

HB :D:D:D:D:D

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Okey dokey! I'll keep both dates open 'til you decide!

One word of warning......bring pillows (preferably the ones I left at Camp David). If they are no longer usable - no problem......I have regular squishy ones on the bed at present! :classic:
As soon as you set the date I'll ask for a roll call of attendees!!

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
MommC's? Where? What?

MommC's is apparaently a single family home? Large? Educated guesses! Based on the evidence & comments in this string.
* But where is it? Not the street address, but what city or town. Sorry, for the stupid question. Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It is with enormous pleasure

That I can confirm our presence for Saturday 9th of April.
Our grandson and granddaughter are celebrating their birthdays on the 2nd of April which eleminates that date.

Thank you so very much for this invitation. We are looking forward to this event.

HB & Mrs HB

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Count us in! Was at Mara's (Fior Di Loto) last week and I wouldn't mind to go for another visit! Will check out my recipes for some goodies! :classic:

Juanita & Juanita Junior :classic:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Ok gang.....It's official!! Saturday April 9th is PARTY TIME!

B2-Condominio Las Gaviotas, Juan Dolio!

2 PM -???

Coming from Santo Domingo take a right turn at the Playa Juan Dolio/Los Conucos intersection (second intersection past the Shell station) and hang another right at the beach road. Second building in is it! or better yet hang a right before the bus shelter just 100 yrd BEFORE the intersection and you'll be at the gate to the back parking area!:)

From San Pedro hang a left at that intersection (first intersection past Metro Golf) then a right on the beach road.

Now.....Roll call!
Who's coming?????

Next.......menu!
What would y'all like to eat??

AZB....are you gonna show this time???

Beach and pool time from 2-6 ....munchies will be provided!
cocktails 6-7 PM
Buffet style dinner 7-?

It's Greet, Meet and Eat time on the South coast!!

Last edited:

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
That sounds great! I relish the chance to meet some more DR1ers! Would it be OK for an aging Naufrago, his beautiful young wife and 2 well behaved children to hang with the in crowd for a spell?

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Sounds like fun !

I'll be driving directly from San Pedro, most likely around 6-7pm.

If anybody in San Pedro needs a ride, let me know.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Wag....EVERYBODY is invited!!

There may even be some non DR1er's there!
Juanita...I musta seen you at Mara's as I'm there almost every day! Met annieoakland yesterday (she'd PM'd me for Mara's contact info).
If you're there before the Party ask Mara to introduce you her Canadian friend.

So.....at present the list looks like this:
HB & Missus
dms3611
Juanita & Juanita JR
Miguelito
Formosa
Naufrago +3

I'm going to email Jojocho to see if he & missus can make it also!

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
if I come, do I have to cook? oh nooooooo, why can't I enjoy a lazy afternoon like everyone else?
Lets see it I will come that far.... will let you know.
AZB

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
"Juanita...I musta seen you at Mara's as I'm there almost every day!"

I for sure did not see you, it was male figures only, Italians, Americans and Germans regulars. I won't be going back till your gathering but my mother is there till Thursday, she will be easy to spot, she's probably the only Canadian female there! Big hug to mom and Mara for me! :classic:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Azb......no, you don't have to cook!

Unless you want to that is! I'm always ready to learn new dishes!
I just want to know if you're coming so I can be sure to have some Indian food on the table for you! All you have to do is tell me if you prefer Northern style or the hot Southern style of Indian food (personally I prefer the hot stuff but usually only make one dish using that method as no-one but me can eat it!!:))

If you do want to cook something let me know (by PM) what ingredients you'll need and I'll do my best to round them up for you!

Juanita PM me with your Mom's name! Did she by any chance get stung by a sea urchin yesterday?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Shaping up to be a great party!

rafael....if you RVSP I'll guarantee to roast pork for you!
Hoping BB & She who must be obeyed can make it also. Maybe a ride down with HB??? It would be very nice to have some from the north coast visit the south coast for a change of venue!

I've had a couple of emails from those who can't confirm yet but are hoping to be available that day! A couple may be a surprise as they haven't been around the board much lately.......so hopefully they'll be able to make it if they're in the country.

Should I be booking entertainment?? Now I know if Amber is around it won't be necessary but just in case she can't make it should I make arrangements??

Met Juanita's mom yesterday......very nice lady! Too bad she'll be back in the cold North when party day rolls around!

Haven't heard from Jan yet but I'm hoping she & Felix can make it! I'd be honoured to have them grace my humble home!

Beckyred.....I wish you could be here! Your little angel is precious indeed! I love the pictures you sent and Guilia says hello! She was disappointed to hear I had pictures and she didn't so she was very glad when you sent some to her!!!

I'm really looking forward to the day since this will be the first time I've hosted enmass since MI day and it feels great!!

So .....keep RSVPing and let me know what menu items you'd like to see! ;)

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Update........

Here's the menu plan to date!

Afternoon Munchies:
Picadero -Italian style!
Crudites
Bean Salad
Devilled eggs
Pickle plate
Salsa & tortilla chips

Evening Buffet:
Penne Arrabiata
Oven Roast potatoes
Yellow or lemon Rice
Spit roasted chicken
Chicken & pork Souvlaki
Roast Pork
Curried Lentils
Greek Salad
Veggie Salad
Chef (cabbage) salad
Potatoe Salad
Pasta Salad
Tomato & Cucumber slices
Bruschetta & Garlic bread

Biscotti , Pan Espanol (an Italian cake), Chocolate cake

Wine then Coffee or Tea

It has been suggested that I do a seafood paella and grilled lobster.......
If you would like to see this on the menu instead of roast pork & souvlaki I'll warn you that we're buying lobster at about RD$220 per lb so there will be a cost involved.
I'll leave it up to those coming.....if you want it let me know and I'll budget a lb per person and collect when you get here!

Confirmed partygoers to date:
HB & Missus
dms3611
Juanita & Juanita JR
Miguelito
Formosano
Naufrago +3
Jojocho & Missus
The Crazy Canucks (if they don't miss thier flight!)